Who should buy the Columbia Redmond V2
The Columbia Redmond V2 is a performer for day hikes because of its trail-centric benefits. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that delivers comfort and performance.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that provides traction on most types of surfaces.
Provides stability over challenging trails
This trail-specific shoe from Columbia features an Omni-Grip outsole to keep outdoor enthusiasts stable over challenging trails.
Renders multidirectional traction
Its center and perimeter areas are filled with irregular-shaped lugs to render multidirectional traction on virtually all types of terrain. The sole’s front and rear ends are grooved to give wearers added control when ascending or descending. Its front tip also extends upward for extra protection from bumps.
Excellent energy return and impact absorption
The Columbia Redmond V2 comes with a patented Techlite midsole to give users a cushioned ride when tackling uneven trails. Its durable EVA construction delivers lightweight impact absorption and energy return.
The shoe’s footbed grants added comfort underfoot to the wearer.
This Columbia hiking shoe is equipped with an upper made of suede leather, mesh fabric, and webbing. These materials all work together to imbue the shoe with abrasion resistance and lightness.
Provides protection against stubbing
A rand reinforces the footgear’s toe box for durability and extra protection from stubbing.
The Columbia Redmond V2’s lacing system consists of a round lace, fabric eyelets, a lace holder on the tongue, and a pair of metal hooks. These components enable the wearer to manage the shoe’s fit.
Easy to wear
The collar houses a pull tab at the back to facilitate easy on and off.
Columbia Redmond V2 care guide
Columbia recommends the cleaning of this hiking shoe after using it outdoors. Doing so would preserve the footgear’s overall quality. Shown below are some of the brand’s tips to keep the Redmond V2 in good condition.
- Never leave the hiking shoe covered in mud and dirt after using them. Certain natural chemicals found in soil and dirt might corrode the Columbia Redmond V2’s quality. Rinse it immediately using tap water and a soft-bristled brush.
- Remove the insole and wash it separately from the shoe.
- Do not use artificial means or a direct source of heat to dry the Columbia Redmond V2 after washing it. Doing so would cause damage to the footgear.
- The brand recommends using isopropyl alcohol to remove stains. Apply a small amount on the affected area using a piece of cloth until the stain has been removed.
- Those who are seeking a sturdier pair for multi-day trips might want to take a look at backpacking boots. Some of the options that may be considered are the Lowa Camino GTX and the Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX.
- Outdoor lovers who need a lighter and nimbler pair may want to give hiking sandals a try. Among the choices that may be explored is the Teva Terra Fi Lite.