Columbia Redmond V2
Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
87% say it's true to size.
Out of stock in all 30 shopsColumbia hiking shoes
Overview of this review
Updates to Columbia Redmond V2
- The Redmond V2 from Columbia is a hiking shoe that delivers comfort and performance. It retains most features from its predecessor, the Columbia Redmond Low. Its suede, webbing, and mesh upper uses a thicker pull tab at the back. The upper itself has been redesigned to sport a sleeker look. The lacing system has also been updated with a pair of metal hooks near the top of the shoe.
- This Columbia offering supplies users with lightweight cushioning through its Techlite midsole. The shoe employs a proprietary Omni-Grip non-marking outsole to give traction on most types of surfaces.
Size and fit
The Redmond V2 is a low-top hiking shoe built for men and women. Its conventional lacing system allows wearers to have a customized lockdown. The shoe’s tongue and collar are padded to promote a comfy fit. The brand also recommends buyers to size down when getting this footgear because it runs large.
This trail-specific shoe from Columbia features an Omni-Grip outsole to keep outdoor enthusiasts stable over challenging trails. Its center and perimeter areas are filled with irregular-shaped lugs to render multidirectional traction on virtually all types of terrain. The sole’s front and rear ends are grooved to give wearers added control when ascending or descending. Its front tip also extends upward for extra protection from bumps.
The Columbia Redmond V2 comes with a patented Techlite midsole to give users a cushioned ride when tackling uneven trails. Its durable EVA construction delivers lightweight impact absorption and energy return. The shoe’s footbed grants added comfort underfoot to the wearer.
This Columbia hiking shoe is equipped with an upper made of suede leather, mesh fabric, and webbing. These materials all work together to imbue the shoe with abrasion-resistance and lightness. A rand reinforces the footgear’s toe box for durability and extra protection from stubbing.
The Columbia Redmond V2’s lacing system consists of a round lace, fabric eyelets, a lace holder on the tongue, and a pair of metal hooks. These components enable the wearer to manage the shoe’s fit. The collar houses a pull tab at the back to facilitate easy on and off.
Columbia Redmond V2 care guide
Columbia recommends the cleaning of this hiking shoe after using it outdoors. Doing so would preserve the footgear’s overall quality. Shown below are some of the brand’s tips to keep the Redmond V2 in good condition.
- Never leave the hiking shoe covered in mud and dirt after using them. Certain natural chemicals found in soil and dirt might corrode the Columbia Redmond V2’s quality. Rinse it immediately using tap water and a soft-bristled brush.
- Remove the insole and wash it separately from the shoe.
- Do not use artificial means or a direct source of heat to dry the Columbia Redmond V2 after washing it. Doing so would cause damage to the footgear.
- The brand recommends using isopropyl alcohol to remove stains. Apply a small amount on the affected area using a piece of cloth until the stain has been removed.
- Those who are seeking a sturdier pair for multi-day trips might want to take a look at backpacking boots. Some of the options that may be considered are the Lowa Camino GTX and the Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX.
- Outdoor lovers who need a lighter and nimbler pair may want to give hiking sandals a try. Among the choices that may be explored is the Teva Terra Fi Lite.