|Weight:||Men: 8.5oz | Women: 8oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 10mm | Women: 10mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Heel height:||Men: 27mm | Women: 27mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 17mm | Women: 17mm|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
The patterned air mesh upper of the TT 7.0 not only looks good, but also lets fresh breeze pamper your tired feet. Zoot was also kind enough to add their exclusive Quick-Lace system that cinches the shoe tight with one simple pull.
There’s also lots of room for your toes at the fully lined slip-lasted front, while the sock liners ensure a comfy fit and well-cushioned feel.
- Zoot presents several changes in the Ultra TT 7.0 to give this latest better than ever performance. Right away, fans of this line will notice the introduction of the Quick-Lace System, which will greatly help triathletes with their lightning-fast transition needs. A quick pull of the laces clinches the fit in a second.
- The patented Z-Bound midsole is unveiled in this shoe as well. This is Zoot’s brand-exclusive and top of the line midsole that offer resilient and responsive cushioning. A more dynamic energy return is something runners and triathletes can expect from this shoe.
- A new Tri Dry system is designed to prevent the shoe from absorbing water and getting it dry very quickly. This system lessens the risks of blisters.
- The asymmetrical structure of the lacing is another update that Zoot thinks is needed to enhance the snug and personalize fit that runners want to have.
- The 7th version of the Ultra TT also has reflective materials near the forefoot. While triathlons happen during daytime, this may be a good feature for those who want to use the shoe in low-light conditions.
The fit and sizing are regular like the past version. Zoot usually offers a fit that hugs the foot all throughout the heel to the forefoot. This will naturally favor runners with narrow or average foot measurements. Available widths are D and B while sizes are from 7 to 14 for the men’s and 5 to 11 for the women’s.
The outsole features the Zoot-exclusive ZCR carbon rubber in delivering excellent durability in high-impact areas. A ZPU pattern of rubber treads in the outsole offer traction on different terrains.
The new Z-bound midsole is made of very light material that offers superior bounce back features. This is the top midsole technology in Zoot’s technology that is at par with the best in the industry. Working full time in the midsole is the CarbonSpan+ or that little piece of carbon that adds torsional stability and enhances more powerful and smoother takeoffs.
The BareFit technology is Zoot’s utilization of a very soft and seamless upper that allows for sockless running. Zoot uses very smooth and plush inner fabric for a really unbelievable next to skin comfort while running. The new Quick-Lace system uses sturdy elastic laces for a quick toggle. One pull and runners should cinch the right fit. Loops in the tongue and in the heel offer convenient points in getting the shoe on or off for a really fast transition to running.