Who should buy the Zamberlan 1013 Leopard GTX
The Zamberlan 1013 Leopard GTX is hands down a reliable backpacking boot for all conditions. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that is ideal for moderate to challenging terrains.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides long-lasting comfort.
- Prefer a hiking boot that ensures that no external moisture gets in.
Zamberlan 1013 Leopard GTX notable features
- This boot is equipped with the resoleable Vibram 3D outsole that has aggressive lugs, an uplifting forward rocker, and solid downhill braking. All these make the shoe ideal for moderate to challenging terrains. Its midsole is made of dual-density polyurethane (PU) foam that provides long-lasting comfort.
- It has an all-leather upper with a unique camouflage blend design to match a hunter's gear from head to foot. The Gore-Tex Performance Comfort lining the shoe interior ensures that no external moisture gets in.
- Other features to expect from this hiking boot are the Microtex collar that is moisture-wicking and comfortable and the Zamberlan Flex System (ZFS) that allows the upper to break forward without compromising comfort, lateral support, and protection.
Size and fit
The Zamberlan 1013 Leopard GTX camouflage boots are a mid-top model. The leather upper offers a precise and comfortable fit because of its ability to adapt to the shape of the foot after some breaking in. It features a webbing lace system with two additional D-rings on the collar for a secure fit. This type of closure also allows you to adjust the level of tightness in the forefoot and the ankle differently.
Excellent traction on any terrain
This boot is among the many rugged hiking boots that are powered by Vibram. For such a model, Zamberlan has used the 3D outsole that has a rugged tread pattern for grip and traction on any terrain, along with uphill and downhill traction points.
This outsole is completely resoleable which means you can replace it with a new one when it wears out.
Long-lasting support and comfort
Designed for challenging hikes and hunting activities, the 1013 Leopard GTX features a dual-density midsole made of PU. Compared to EVA, PU is more durable and resilient, but heavier. It also doesn't get compressed easily, thus, it offers long-lasting support and comfort.
For the insole, this boot comes with the Zamberlan Memory Foam which has a thickness of 3mm. This footbed comes with tiny holes for added breathability.
The 1013 Leopard GTX features the Zamberlan Modular Flex GT shank that helps lighten up the load on the wearer's feet and keep the structure of the shoe in place.
Waterproof and abrasion-resistant
The shoe upper is made of HydroBloc Nubuck leather which means it has been treated to repel water. It is somewhat thick (2.4mm-2.6) which offers a great deal of protection against the elements. Lining the interior is a Gore-tex membrane, making this shoe waterproof. Furthermore, the Microtex collar protects the ankle from abrasion while offering support.
Well-suited for backpacking and hunting
All these features make the Zamberlan 1013 Leopard GTX well-suited for backpacking and hunting in moderate to rough off-trail mountain terrain.