Who should buy the Xero Shoes Xcursion
The Xero Shoes Xcursion hiking boot is designed to give you freedom and protection. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that gives wearers the grip and support they need to tackle the trail while still feeling “barefoot”.
- Prefer a hiking boot that gives the wearer more room to move his toes and ensures a snug fit.
Durable and grippy
Considered a major advancement in the minimalist shoe industry, the FeelTrue® rubber sole, which is used in the Xcursion hiking boot, is thin but nevertheless highly durable and grippy. This unique outsole is designed by Xero Shoes and manufactured by Vibram - the world’s leading outsole brand.
Excellent traction in all conditions
FeelTrue® rubber soles have a top surface that is comfy and grippy, and a dual-Chevron tread pattern that offers traction in all conditions. Meanwhile, the non-elevated zero-drop heel helps you maintain proper posture.
The Xcursion boots come with removable insoles that offer additional cushioning right where you need them. If you want to get more minimalist or create more space for your foot inside the shoes, you can simply take it out.
The shoe upper is constructed using very lightweight synthetic materials that are completely vegan. At just 340 grams per shoe for men’s size and 272 grams for women’s, it lets the wearer achieve a “barely there” experience.
Wide toe box
Another interesting feature of Xero Shoes is the wide toe box which gives plenty of room for your toes to spread and move naturally. The double-protective toe cap shields your foot from sharp edges and accidental impact.
The Xcursion shoe is lined with a waterproof membrane, plus another water-repellent membrane behind the mesh cover. The gusseted tongue keeps the debris and water out and the lace-up closure gives the foot a custom fit.
Nice to know
- Minimalist shoes are intended to closely mimic the feel and experience of barefoot running or walking. It is believed to provide more effective propulsion and promote natural shock absorption.
- The Xcursion is the first waterproof boot from Xero Shoes. It has all the other features of the TerraFlex.
- If you prefer traditional hiking boots built for the toughest trails, consider boots from La Sportiva or KEEN.