Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 16 expert reviews
I love them. Great shoes!
I can wear them all day.
With a lightweight and flexible build that is great for desert scrambling, this hybrid hiking and approach shoe is about as sticky as it gets.
Spring is a time of wet trails and the Grand Traverse has done great for us all.
One of my favorite shoes in my arsenal, and a great all-around shoe for those who want a lightweight, low profile hiker that is great for rocky scrambles as well.
Ultra comfortable, I will wear these quite a bit.
- The Vasque Grand Traverse uses a Vibram Ibex with Idrogrip and Megagrip compounds. This composition renders a grippy and stable footing.
- Rendering a cushioned ride are the molded EVA midsole, dual-density EVA footbed and Poron foam. A TPU shank grants stability.
- The upper is made of 1.8 mm suede leather and PU mesh. A rubber toe cap and lace-to-toe closure give durability and security, respectively.
The Grand Traverse from Vasque is a day hiking shoe for men and women. It comes in full and half sizes. It fairly runs true to size. The webbing heel lock enables accommodation of a wider range of fit adjustments, and its to-the-toe lacing system grants a snug fit. It is designed using the Equalizer last which features an asymmetric curve and roomy yet snug forefoot area.
The Vibram Ibex is composed of two compounds which work together to provide a stable and grippy ride on most types of terrain. The Idrogrip addresses traction on wet grounds while the Megagrip compound creates a balance between pliability and firmness.
The cushioning of the Grand Traverse has an abundance of features. It uses a Poron foam which adapts to the contours of the foot. It also features a footbed and midsole made of dual-density EVA and molded EVA, respectively. These blend of foams grant long-lasting comfort while maintaining a low weight. A TPU stabilizer is also placed in the midfoot section to give support and rigidity.
The upper of the Vasque Grand Traverse is made of 1.8 mm suede leather and PU overmolded mesh. These materials make the boot hard-wearing and breathable. It is reinforced with a rubber toe cap which also adds durability. It has a lining that wicks away moisture and promotes airflow even in the most strenuous activities. The classic lace-up closure is made up of punched eyelets.
- The Grand Traverse can also be used for Fastest Known Time (FKT) attempts with climbing and flat pedal mountain biking.
- Online shoppers looking for an alternative breathable option can check out the Vasque Juxt.