Updates to Vasque Grand Traverse
- The Vasque Grand Traverse uses a Vibram Ibex with Idrogrip and Megagrip compounds. This composition renders a grippy and stable footing.
- Rendering a cushioned ride are the molded EVA midsole, dual-density EVA footbed and Poron foam. A TPU shank grants stability.
- The upper is made of 1.8 mm suede leather and PU mesh. A rubber toe cap and lace-to-toe closure give durability and security, respectively.
Size and fit
The Grand Traverse from Vasque is a day hiking shoe for men and women. It comes in full and half sizes. It fairly runs true to size. The webbing heel lock enables accommodation of a wider range of fit adjustments, and its to-the-toe lacing system grants a snug fit. It is designed using the Equalizer last which features an asymmetric curve and roomy yet snug forefoot area.
The Vibram Ibex is composed of two compounds which work together to provide a stable and grippy ride on most types of terrain. The Idrogrip addresses traction on wet grounds while the Megagrip compound creates a balance between pliability and firmness.
The cushioning of the Grand Traverse has an abundance of features. It uses a Poron foam which adapts to the contours of the foot. It also features a footbed and midsole made of dual-density EVA and molded EVA, respectively. These blend of foams grant long-lasting comfort while maintaining a low weight. A TPU stabilizer is also placed in the midfoot section to give support and rigidity.
The upper of the Vasque Grand Traverse is made of 1.8 mm suede leather and PU overmolded mesh. These materials make the boot hard-wearing and breathable. It is reinforced with a rubber toe cap which also adds durability. It has a lining that wicks away moisture and promotes airflow even in the most strenuous activities. The classic lace-up closure is made up of punched eyelets.
- The Grand Traverse can also be used for Fastest Known Time (FKT) attempts with climbing and flat pedal mountain biking.
- Online shoppers looking for an alternative breathable option can check out the Vasque Juxt.