The low-top Vans x Marvel Authentic is available for both US men's and women's sizes. Its traditional lace-up closure with reinforced metal eyelets provides a secure and flexible fit. It has a canvas upper that offers breathability. Like other Vans Authentics, it has a cushioned footbed that gives comfort.
The classic Vans Authentic has always been a staple on many people’s closets due to its versatile design. For the low-top Vans x Marvel Authentic skate shoes, the ever-popular Marvel characters that are visible all over the upper rejuvenate the charm of the beloved vintage sneaker. Classic faces of superheroes like Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Black Widow are exhibited on the Marvel x Vans Authentic. For the Van x Marvel Women Authentic, a black and white illustration of Marvel heroines are displayed.
Similar to the original model and its subsequent variations, the Vans x Marvel Authentic is a seamless match for a myriad of casual dresses. Pair this sneaker with shorts and a Marvel shirt for a sleek Marvel theme outfit. Below are some of the suggested styles on how men and women can wear their Vans x Marvel Authentic sneakers:
- For a streetwear outfit on a warm day, women can rock their Vans Authentic with a simple shirt and a wrap-around skirt.
- Ladies can use this sneaker as it can perfectly match a straightforward ensemble when going to the campus. A cute yet comfortable combination, ripped skinny jeans and a simple hoodie can go along with this pair of Vans Authentic.
- A pair of distressed cuffed jeans and a camo t-shirt are a good match to a pair of Vans x Marvel Authentic sneakers for ladies. Wearing rings and handcuffs can add class to this look.
- For girls who are living in hotter regions, they can rock their Authentic sneakers and match them with ripped denim shorts along with a plain white t-shirt and an optional light blazer to get a perfect look.
- For men who want a look with the understated polish, a pair of Vans x Marvel Authentic shoes can be nicely paired with cropped chinos along with a roll neck sweater and a trench coat.
Among the notable features that can be expected from a pair of Vans x Marvel Authentic shoes are its EVA midsole that provides all-day comfort and cushioning. Another thing that is exciting about this iteration is its canvas upper which features an allover print that showcases Marvel characters, providing a combination of style and comfort to its wearers.
The Van Doren Company was founded in Anaheim, California on March 16, 1966, by brothers Jim and Paul Van Doren along with their partners Gordon Lee and Serge D’Elia. In the same year of 1966, the first shoe that the company launched was the Authentic or deck shoe and originally dubbed as the “Style 44.” When skateboarding started to flourish in the 1970s, the design of the Authentic also attracted several skaters in SoCal. It had a straightforward-designed canvas upper combined with a grippy waffle outsole.
Also known for its durability and versatility, the Authentic is a timeless lace-up sneaker that boasts a low-top profile, visible stitching, and a thick rubber outsole. It has a silhouette that has been utilized so many times in producing amazing collaborative work. It possesses a blank canvas that creative expression is explored. Vans has partnered with celebrities, brands, boutiques, and professional athletes. One of the brands that Vans teamed up with is Marvel.
A vivid history of creative expression and originality are what the Vans and Marvel share. These two entities joined forces to launch its largest collection of collaborative products to date. To celebrate the iconic superheroes of the famous Marvel universe, Vans released a collection of co-branded sneakers, clothing, and accessories. This collaboration features a massive collection of more than 70 styles for fans of all ages.
The Vans Authentic has been on the brand's shoe catalog for a long time, as it had become an indispensable part of any skater’s or anyone’s outfit. It has been consistently in demand since its initial release, proving that its modest style is timeless. Due to the popularity of the Vans Authentic to the skaters or casual crowd, its design has been consistently the same for more than half a century.
With this collaboration from Marvel, this version of Authentic showcases a refreshing throwback vibe. The Vans x Marvel Authentic is available in two variants, Marvel Heads and Marvel Women.
The other sneakers from this collaboration are Vans x Marvel Slip-On, Van x Marvel Old Skool, and Vans x Marvel SK8-Hi, which all features different beloved heroes from their respective comic book franchises. The Van x Marvel collection was released in June 2018 at retailers and online shops.
- The two variants of the Vans x Marvel Authentic are priced for only $65 as its official site.
- Insoles for both are in red with the logos of Vans and Marvel visible.
- It utilizes a vulcanized outsole with a waffle tread pattern for flexibility, traction, and improved board feel.