Vans Ward: A classic skate-inspired sneaker
The Vans Ward features a look inspired by one of the most iconic Vans sneakers, the Vans Old Skool. This vulcanized sneaker is covered with suede and canvas upper inserted with ample cushioning for added comfort. Underfoot is the vulcanized rubber outsole that provides superb grip and flexibility.
Vans Ward vs Vans Old Skool
These sneakers virtually look identical. They both feel comfortable on the streets and the skateboards. But if you like to know what makes these sneakers different from each other, we have come up with a shortlist of their subtle differences:
- The end of the eyestays of the Old Skool is stitched under the suede toebox. While in the Ward, the eyestays are extended and stitched over the toebox.
- The Vans Old Skool has stitching under the jazz stripe, while the Ward does not have.
- Near the collar, the hem on the Ward stays above the jazz stripe. Meanwhile, in the Old Skool, the stitching dips into the jazz stripe.
- Unlike the Old Skool which does not have any tag on the tongue, the Vans Ward has a Vans tag.
- The Ward has wide-gapped stitching on the heel, whereas the Old Skool has seams with way narrower gap.