The Vans Glitter Authentic Platform 2.0 is available in men’s and women’s sizing. This iconic shoe maintains its low-top silhouette that gives better ankle mobility. For an adjustable and snug fit, it has a lacing system reinforced with metal eyelets. Same with other Vans sneakers, this iteration of Authentic has the signature waffle outsole.
The low-top Vans Glitter Authentic Platform 2.0 maintains the classic skate aesthetic but with a modern twist. A glittery effect is applied to the upper, providing a fresher and unique look perfect for spring or summer outfits. Among the suggested ways on how to rock the Vans glitter shoes stylishly are:
- You can wear a rollneck sweater with a trench coat along with a pair of cropped chinos for an understated look.
- Be adventurous and wear ¾ length jeans and a casual shirt or blouse to match this glitter shoe from Vans, giving the feel of a slim build and also giving off an aura of cheekiness.
- This shoe also looks good with skirts or shorts, a minimalistic look perfect on a sunny day.
With a punch of enhanced look, this Vans Authentic has a textile upper with the glittery aesthetic that will surely turn heads around. To complement the glittering upper, it has sheer shoelaces that give a more feminine vibe. To top it all, it has a chunky midsole that will set your style apart.
Vans was founded by Jim Van Doren and Paul Van Doren along with their partners Serge D’Ella and Gordon Lee in Anaheim, California in March 1966. They set up a business that manufactured casual shoes. Also in the same year of 1966, they created and launched the deck shoes or Style 44 which is now popularly known as the Authentic.
By 1974, skateboarders in SoCal were seen rocking the Vans Authentic shoe because of its sticky rubber outsoles and straightforward design. Eventually, this sneaker has been among the iconic skate shoes that have been part and loved by women and men of generations.
Throughout the years, the Authentic of Vans has been reinterpreted countless times in different styles. It has also been used in a variety of collaborations with some of the brands, artists, retailers, and companies such as Peanuts, Disney, Star Wars, Kenzo, Supreme, Engineered Garments, Van Gogh Museum, Lazy Oaf, Anti-Social Club, Made for the Makers and, T&C Surf.
Part of the growing collection of Vans Authentic, the Glitter Authentic Platform 2.0 has the combination of iconic low-top style and the extra height of the midsole that gives a fresh look. It has a sturdy glittering canvas upper that sits atop of a vulcanized outsole with the signature waffle tread pattern.
- This version of Vans Authentic comes with an extra set of standard shoelaces.
- The Glitter Authentic Platform 2.0 is made from materials, including adhesives, that are 100% free from any animal by-products.
- It is available in wild aster/ true white colorway.