Good to know
The Suicidal Tendencies x Vans Syndicate Era is available in men’s and women’s sizing. Like the Authentic shoes, it has a low-top ankle collar but is cushioned. With its low-top silhouette, it also allows skateboarders to move their ankle freely as they perform their exhibitions. A traditional lacing system keeps the foot securely locked down.
This retro shoe has a canvas upper that provides sufficient foot breathability. It has an EVA insole for cushioning comfort and impact protection. Also, the shoe’s vulcanized construction promotes flexibility and excellent board feel.
The low-top Vans Era S is a retro shoe that displays a unique appeal without losing its classic elements. It showcases a design that is a product of brilliance and honors, a partnership between the punk band Suicidal Tendencies and Vans Syndicate program.
This retro shoe is designed in tonal efforts. Some of its colorways are:
- Suicidal/ Black Canvas/ White
- Suicidal/ Blue Canvas/ White
It showcases a canvas upper with white stitching detailing and a sole with black piping. With a straightforward design, it has the Suicidal Tendencies insignia embroidered at the heel patch.
If you look at the shoe’s insole, it has graphic detailing. It has the band’s signature design at the tip of the laces too.
Like other shoes in the Vans Era collection, this one also has a versatile and stylish design to promote a fashion statement. Check out some of the styling suggestion below:
- A pair of grey vertical striped shorts and a burgundy polo shirt are great menswear staples to match the Vans Era S shoes, a perfect integration to a daily casual lineup.
- For an interesting casual ensemble, this low-top Vans sneaker looks good with black skinny jeans and a white crew-neck t-shirt with a red crew-neck sweater.
- Black cuffed denim jeans, a grey shirt, and an olive green parka are also a good combination to match this shoe for relaxed styling.
- To promote a spectacular look in a casual style, this shoe looks good with khaki chinos and a light blue vertical striped long sleeve shirt.
- The Vans Era S can be teamed up with olive camouflage denim shorts and a white shirt with a black denim jacket.
- A red vertical striped minidress and a black leather biker jacket can be paired with this shoe to create different moods according to one’s style.
- For an ultra covetable outfit, this sneaker is nice to match black leggings and a shirt with a blue denim jacket.
The Vans Era S, or also known as the Suicidal Tendencies x Vans Syndicate Era collaboration, is one of the straightforward designs yet interesting releases by the Vans skate engineering division. It features a tonal upper with subtle embroidery, reminiscing the trademark bandanas of Mike Muir, who is the band's frontman.
The text "Suicidal" is embroidered on the tongue and heel counter, giving a unique design and signature. Also, it showcases lyrics that are scribbled on the insole in a classic style of Suicidal Tendencies.
Vans Era is previously known as the Style 95. Released in 1976, it was designed by Stacy Peralta and Tony Alva. It was released with different color combinations and a padded collar. Like the Vans Authentic, it was also a low-top shoe with a lacing system but with more support because of its cushioned collar. Eventually, it is positively accepted and has become the shoe of choice in the skateboarding world.
Over time, not only skateboarding or even BMX riders learned to appreciate the sneaker but also became a staple of fashionable and versatile style. Since its inception, it has been re-released and reinterpreted countless times to continue meeting the needs and exciting loyal Vans' fans who are fashionistas and skateboarders. Its iconic silhouette has also been used in creating fantastic collaborative pieces. One of the entities that Vans partnered with is the American punk band named Suicidal Tendencies.
Vans Era S was generally released on January 28 of 2009. This iteration was a product of the fantastic collaboration of Vans Syndicate and Suicidal Tendencies. It showcased a minimal modification of the traditional Vans Era by putting simple detailing on the canvas upper. It was also released in colorways that reflected the characteristics of the band.
This shoe was created as a way to pay respect to the beloved music acts on Vans sneakers. Having said that, since the Suicidal Tendencies is an American hardcore punk that also has a skateboarding cred, Vans decided to honor the band with its own signature using the silhouette of the Vans Era.
The Suicidal Tendencies x Vans Era was released in black and blue colorways. It showcased the trademark bandanas of Mike Muir as well as the scribbled lyrics on the insole. So far, it is among the edgiest in style.
A band called Suicidal Tendencies
In 1980, Mike Muir formed the American hardcore punk band in Venice Beach, California. Mike Muir is also the original member remaining in the group. Its current lineup consists of Mike Muir as the vocalist, Ra Díaz as the bassist, Ben Weinman and Dean Pleasants as the guitarists, and Dave Lombardo as the drummer.
Along with other bands like the Stormtroopers of Death, Corrosion of Conformity, and D.R.I, they were credited as the fathers of crossover thrash. Some of the musicians who contributed to the live activities or band's studio were:
- Rocky George
- Mike Clark
- Louiche Mayorga
- Robert Trujillo
- Josh Paul
- Stephen "Thundercat" Bruner
- Brooks Wackerman
- David Hidalgo Jr
- Jimmy DeGrasso
- Thomas Pridgen
- Amery Smith
- Josh Freese
- It comes with extra laces
- Vans Syndicate is the brand's skate engineering division. It offers products that are exclusively available at select independent skateboard retailers. Vans Syndicate celebrates the diverse heritage of influences, ideas, and attitudes that make up skateboarding's unique lifestyle.
- The Vans x Suicidal Tendencies collaboration also used the SK8-Hi silhouette.