Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
Cross-trainingMulti-purpose training shoes which can be used for a wide variety of exercises. See *cross-training shoes*
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WeightMen: 9.8ozWomen: 8.1oz
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropMen: 6mmWomen: 6mm
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
Release dateApr 2018
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
This UA workout trainer was launched as part of the brand's Will Finds a Way collection. The ensemble aims to help consumers find the right gear to keep them pushing forward. The product is designed with flexibility and steadiness in mind, so users could easily transition from the treadmill to the weight room without having to change shoes.
The bottom of the Under Armour Ultimate Speed is lined with non-slip rubber. This compound is hard-wearing and provides traction on most indoor and outdoor surfaces.
The outsole has grooves that promote flexibility. It also has a custom tread pattern that enhances the grip of the rubber.
The Under Armour Ultimate Speed employs a dual-density EVA foam. The soft cushion is placed in the forefoot to facilitate flexion and shock attenuation. The firm portion is located at the heel and provides a stable base especially during weight training. The dense part also offers medial arch support.
The trainer uses a die-cut, full-length EVA foam insole. This layer not only provides additional comfort but it also eliminates slippage inside the shoe.
The upper of the Under Armour Ultimate Speed is made of two types of mesh. The first one, which is used in the forefoot and the midfoot sections, features a tight construction with perforations. The other type of mesh has an open-cell construction and is found in the quarter area. The two kinds of mesh allow air to circulate and heat to dissipate, keeping the inside at a comfortable temperature.
A dynamic shroud is found on the midfoot section and the toe box. These synthetic overlays protect the mesh from abrasion. They also enhance support for side-to-side and explosive movements.
The footgear utilizes webbed eyelets that stretch down to the bottom of the upper. When the laces are cinched, the eyelets are pulled in, creating a wrapping effect for a more secure and customized fit. The tongue protects the instep from the pressure generated by the laces.
At the back, the molded collar keeps the ankle supported and prevents chafing. It also holds the rearfoot down to avoid accidental shoe removal.
- The Under Armour Ultimate Speed is featured as part of the brand's "Will Finds A Way" campaign, launched in cooperation with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The project brings together eight outstanding athletes who share their inspiring stories of how they made it. The Ultimate Speed trainer can be seen on the feet of the superhero stuntwoman Jessie Graff as she performs nearly inhuman tricks.
- The shoe also came out in a "Team" version which includes two colorways. One uses a combination of black and metallic gold while the other has a mix of midnight navy and white.
- The Under Armour Ultimate Speed NM is featured in two versions: one has a blending of pure black and white and the other employs a more monochromatic black and charcoal coloration.
- The Under Armour Ultimate Speed TRD edition comes in black and ghost gray hues.
- Another popular workout shoe which saw the world due to Dwayne's cooperation with the brand is the Under Armour Project Rock 1. Unlike the Ultimate Speed, it sports a mid-top silhouette and a more lightweight Micro G cushioning unit.