Under Armour TriBase Reign 3: A minor step up from its well-loved predecessor
Like the rest of its lineage, this model is a CrossFit shoe revered for its performance and good looks. It lives up to its older siblings' good reputation and features several revisions.
The UA TriBase Reign 3 builds on the TriBase Reign 2's reported weakness by changing the upper and heel cup design to promote better fit, comfort, and lighter weight.
Head below for a more comprehensive comparison between the two shoes.
Who is it for? This trainer could satisfy fitness enthusiasts who look for the following attributes:
- A more comfortable rendition of the UA TriBase Reign 2
- Bootie upper design that's supportive and breathable
- Excellent stability and ground contact for weightlifting
- Versatile CrossFit shoe that adequately performs in most workouts
Under Armour TriBase Reign 3 vs. TriBase Reign 2
Below are the significant differences between the two UA trainers:
- New upper design. The Reign 3 now employs engineered mesh upper and bootie design. This construction can accommodate wider feet and eliminates excess seam that could cause chafing compared to the Reign 2's regular mesh upper.
- Improved heel cup design. The shape of the Reign 3's heel counter is revised for improved stability, and an added ridge provides grip during headstand pushups on the wall.
Apart from these, everything else stayed the same - from the responsive midsole to the UA TriBase's excellent stability and ground contact to the overall impressive performance during workouts.