Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
82 / 100 based on 4 expert reviews
Spotlight is designed with a synthetic upper and the innovative Under Armour SpeedForm technology, being a combination of different design elements on the boot. Replacing the insole and running across the middle section of the inside and on the heel area, the special mesh makes sure to allow your foot to sink into the plate, being kept in place by the suede-like pads on the yellow Speedform pads.
The material has a little bit of firmness to it. It reminds me a little bit of the Speedform. But it's a little bit thinner and more flexibl, and it's something that does soften up after wear time.
Comfort is the name of the game for the Spotlight. I have been hard pressed to find another boot to compare the comfort to and the only one I personally own is the Nike Tiempo. The crazier part is that the Spotlight is a speed boot by design. The upper could be better and thinner but this is another positive step for the Under Armour soccer range.
My only concerns lies though the midfoot fit, where I feel some players will find it a little tougher to adjust to the fit. As I read over the, I’m wondering if the side cage cage system plays a role in the slightly tighter fit? It is difficult to pinpoint exactly why they have a more constricted fit that Speedform, but there is a slight difference.
- The Under Armour Spotlight Firm Ground highlights a new design concept with its hidden lacing system and its one of a kind zip closure on its upper. Synthetic leather serves as the cleat’s outer silhouette, providing utmost comfort that needs no break-in. Set with a larger kicking surface, it allows for enhanced shot accuracy and ball handling. Similar soccer cleats that also have concealed laces include the Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground and the Nike PhantomVSN Academy Dynamic Fit MG.
- The firm ground version of the Spotlight also utilizes a compressive sleeve made of neoprene material. This detail functions to protect the foot as well as offer a secure lockdown for a more supportive fit.
- Another feature of this soccer cleat is the high-rebound EVA footbed molded into its insole. It serves to improve comfort and responsiveness, so players run with ease and confidence on the pitch.
- The sole plate employs a carbon composite make that serves to give a lightweight performance and a more stable run. Underneath, it features a stud pattern suited for the firm ground pitch. Engineered for speed, the stud configuration supplies increased traction alongside an explosive first step.
With its unique zipper feature and its soft synthetic leather upper, the Under Armour Spotlight Firm Ground gives a form-fitting wrap around the feet. It also promises extreme comfort, owing to its neoprene compressive sleeve and its EVA footbed. Although not readily seen at first glance, the lacing system installed into this soccer cleat provides players the choice on how tight they want it to fit. This product from Under Armour comes in the standard sizes for men. It fits true to size and has a medium width.
The outsole of this firm ground soccer cleat utilizes carbon composite that ensures lightweight performance and stability. The firm ground studs follow an innovative speed stud placement. With this type of configuration, players are meant to experience significant increase in traction as well as explosive first steps.
The upper of the Under Armour Firm Ground employs soft synthetic leather that forms to the shape of the foot for extreme comfort that is noticed at first wear. Over the midfoot, a zip closure hides the laces for a more snug and comfortable fit. This results in a larger kicking surface that facilitates better passes and strikes.
- This soccer cleat weighs 9 ounces.