|Update:||Under Armour SpeedForm Gemini 3|
|Weight:||Men: 10.4oz | Women: 9oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 8mm | Women: 8mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Midfoot strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 34mm | Women: 34mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 26mm | Women: 26mm|
|Release date:||Feb 2016|
|Type:||Low drop | Maximalist|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
|Colorways:||Blue, Grey, Black, White|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
81 / 100 based on 13 expert reviews
It’s a versatile shoe that offers great proprioceptive feel for the ground, just enough cushioning and a significant amount of energetic pop in every stride.
Let’s cut to the chase, The Under Armour Speedform Gemini 2 and Gemini are the same shoe (twins, get it?) with minor updates.
The Under Armour SpeedForm Gemini 2 is a neutral daily trainer featuring sleek fitting upper and a sole with dash of support. It delivers a unique fit with a responsive ride at a slightly high price point.
This innovation is inspired by early spacesuit design and offers an incredibly precise fit and amazing comfort.
The TPU heel counter has been updated; it wraps the heel more for additional support.
This shoe is comfortable, it molds to you, and gives you the support and cushioning you need to make it through those k’s.
- The 2nd version of the SpeedForm Gemini from Under Armour may look bulky, but it’s flexible and responsive. This update doesn’t look all that different from its predecessor, but its changes can be found in how it functions and how it supports the foot.
- The most immediate change for this version of the series is that its forefoot area is more spacious. It definitely allows the toes to spread more naturally and get some wiggle space. Its round shape is accommodating and agreeable to the front section of the foot.
- The Ortholite technology is embedded in the sole unit. Its anti-microbial and anti-moisture capabilities help in making the platform healthier for the foot.
- The mid-sole platform makes use of a dual-layer foam that features a combination of two Under Armour sole technologies. Cushioning, responsiveness and sure performance are part of the service rendered by this robust mid-sole unit. The mid-foot even has a support unit that lightly cradles it.
- Two rubber compounds make up the durable outsole layer of this running shoe. Protection from abrasion and wear is only a part of what it can do for the sole unit. The forefoot section even adds a bit more cushioning to support each toe-off.
The Under Armour Speedform Gemini 2 has a standard running shoe length. It comes in a variety of sizes that correspond to the regular measurements for length. It has a medium width when it comes to its heel, forefoot and mid-foot sections. It can accommodate those with medium-sized feet. The semi-curved shape follows the natural curvature of the foot.
The outsole unit makes use of carbon rubber as its main protective layer. It provides durable protection against wear and tear. It also delivers traction, which is important when it comes to gaining control over the surfaces.
Blown rubber is placed particularly in the forefoot area. While also delivering reliable traction, it gives a bit of cushioning that makes each toe off springier and well-supported. It’s a responsive rubber material that doesn’t sacrifice flexibility.
The flex grooves are placed anatomically. They’re designed to afford the foot more natural freedom of movement. It doesn’t restrict the motion of the wearer, therefore making each step much smoother and more natural.
The Dual-Layer cushioning of the mid-sole contains the Charged Foam, which is a material that can absorb impact shock and then convert that into energy that can be used to make the next step more explosive.
The next layer of cushioning in the mid-sole is the Micro G. This foam has bounce-back mechanics and impact protection capabilities, so each heel strike becomes well-supported. The Micro G midsole is also used in the Gemini 3 and other Under Armour running shoes.
A thermoplastic unit called the Supportive TPU Shank in the mid-sole supports the mid-foot section and stabilizes it, so that mild over-pronated foot motion is reduced.
The upper unit uses the Perforated Mesh. This breathable material uses ultrasonic seals to deliver a next-to-foot experience that’s not irritating to the skin.
The Ultrasonic Welded Seams with Bemis Tape hugs the foot and keeps it in place. The material is non-irritating, so the runner can experience a consistently soft yet robust coverage, even when wearing the shoe without socks.
The 4D Foam sock liner follows the contours of the runner’s foot. It prevents slippage, but it also fully supports the entire curvature of the underfoot, making the platform more agreeable and comfortable.
A Recessed OrthoLite Sock Liner is placed directly into the mid-sole. Its anti-microbial properties and its capability to wick off moisture bring a healthy underfoot platform.