DiscontinuedUpdate: Under Armour SpeedForm Gemini 3
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 10.4ozWomen: 9oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 8mmWomen: 8mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightMen: 34mmWomen: 34mm
Forefoot heightMen: 26mmWomen: 26mm
WidthMen: normalWomen: normal
Release dateFeb 2016
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
82 / 100 based on 11 expert reviews
It’s a versatile shoe that offers great proprioceptive feel for the ground, just enough cushioning and a significant amount of energetic pop in every stride.
Let’s cut to the chase, The Under Armour Speedform Gemini 2 and Gemini are the same shoe (twins, get it?) with minor updates.
This innovation is inspired by early spacesuit design and offers an incredibly precise fit and amazing comfort.
The TPU heel counter has been updated; it wraps the heel more for additional support.
Updates to Under Armour SpeedForm Gemini 2
- The 2nd version of the SpeedForm Gemini from Under Armour may look bulky, but it’s flexible and responsive. This update doesn’t look all that different from its predecessor, but its changes can be found in how it functions and how it supports the foot.
- The most immediate change for this version of the series is that its forefoot area is more spacious. It definitely allows the toes to spread more naturally and get some wiggle space. Its round shape is accommodating and agreeable to the front section of the foot.
- The Ortholite technology is embedded in the sole unit. Its anti-microbial and anti-moisture capabilities help in making the platform healthier for the foot.
- The mid-sole platform makes use of a dual-layer foam that features a combination of two Under Armour sole technologies. Cushioning, responsiveness and sure performance are part of the service rendered by this robust mid-sole unit. The mid-foot even has a support unit that lightly cradles it.
- Two rubber compounds make up the durable outsole layer of this running shoe. Protection from abrasion and wear is only a part of what it can do for the sole unit. The forefoot section even adds a bit more cushioning to support each toe-off.
Under Armour SpeedForm Gemini 2 size and fit
The Under Armour Speedform Gemini 2 has a standard running shoe length. It comes in a variety of sizes that correspond to the regular measurements for length. It has a medium width when it comes to its heel, forefoot and mid-foot sections. It can accommodate those with medium-sized feet. The semi-curved shape follows the natural curvature of the foot.
The outsole unit makes use of carbon rubber as its main protective layer. It provides durable protection against wear and tear. It also delivers traction, which is important when it comes to gaining control over the surfaces.
Blown rubber is placed particularly in the forefoot area. While also delivering reliable traction, it gives a bit of cushioning that makes each toe off springier and well-supported. It’s a responsive rubber material that doesn’t sacrifice flexibility.
The flex grooves are placed anatomically. They’re designed to afford the foot more natural freedom of movement. It doesn’t restrict the motion of the wearer, therefore making each step much smoother and more natural.
The Dual-Layer cushioning of the mid-sole contains the Charged Foam, which is a material that can absorb impact shock and then convert that into energy that can be used to make the next step more explosive. The next layer of cushioning in the mid-sole is the Micro G. This foam has bounce-back mechanics and impact protection capabilities, so each heel strike becomes well-supported.
A thermoplastic unit called the Supportive TPU Shank in the mid-sole supports the mid-foot section and stabilizes it, so that mild over-pronated foot motion is reduced.
The upper unit uses the Perforated Mesh. This breathable material uses ultrasonic seals to deliver a next-to-foot experience that’s not irritating to the skin.
The Ultrasonic Welded Seams with Bemis Tape hugs the foot and keeps it in place. The material is non-irritating, so the runner can experience a consistently soft yet robust coverage, even when wearing the shoe without socks.
The 4D Foam sock liner follows the contours of the runner’s foot. It prevents slippage, but it also fully supports the entire curvature of the underfoot, making the platform more agreeable and comfortable.
A Recessed OrthoLite Sock Liner is placed directly into the mid-sole. Its anti-microbial properties and its capability to wick off moisture bring a healthy underfoot platform.