Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 8ozWomen: 5.5oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 8mmWomen: 8mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightMen: 24mmWomen: 24mm
Forefoot heightMen: 16mmWomen: 16mm
WidthMen: normalWomen: normal
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
84 / 100 based on 5 expert reviews
What I like most is the dual-layered midsole that is responsive for training, but with still really good cushioning.
They look a lot better with more cushioning than the Apollo 1.
The Under Armour Speedform is the first Under Armour running shoe that I would recommend.
Under Armour added a layer of its Charged foam to the top of the midsole, which gives it a bouncier, more responsive feel, and put additional rubber on the outsole for durability and support.
Updates to Under Armour SpeedForm Apollo 2
- The upper unit of the 2nd version of the SpeedForm Apollo features a fabric that resembles cotton. It also has a more open construction, which is quite contrary to the upper of the original Speedform Apollo. It gives breathable and comfortable coverage to the wearer.
- The heel section makes use of a molded cup that secures the rear of the foot and keeps it locked in place, thus preventing accidental shoe removal.
- A sock-like fit is made for this running shoe. It uses soft materials and fabrics to make sure that the foot is able to stay comfortable and free from any irritation. Natural motion is also part of its purpose, so the next-to-foot feel helps to achieve that.
- The mid-sole unit was crafted to deliver constant protection from impact and shock. Cushioning is also an integral purpose of the dual-density foam that’s found here. Responsiveness and support are received from the platform of this shoe.
- On the outsole is a rubber layer that’s responsive and flexible. In addition to its job as a source of traction and durable protection, it is also able to add a bit of cushioning to make each toe-off more agreeable.
Under Armour SpeedForm Apollo 2 size and fit
The Under Armour SpeedForm Apollo 2 has a standard running shoe length. Men and women can get the right size for them and enjoy it. The heel has a medium-to-narrow width, while the mid-foot has a medium width. The forefoot section is slightly wider to accommodate toe splaying. The shoe’s semi-curved shape lets the natural curvature of the foot to acclimate to it.
The outsole unit makes use of Blown Rubber. It’s a highly responsive layer of protection that shields the rest of the sole unit from wear and abrasion. It gives traction on the roads, giving the runner more control over the surfaces. It also offers a bit of cushioning, so it adds a bit more support, especially when assisting the toe-off phase of the gait cycle.
The flex grooves of this running shoe have been anatomically placed to allow the foot more natural freedom of movement. The bending of the metatarsals isn’t restricted, so a full natural flex is possible to those who need it.
The Charged Foam is a mid-sole unit that delivers responsive cushioning and protection against impact. It absorbs the energy from the impact and gives it to the runner, thus making each liftoff more explosive.
The Micro G is a supportive foam that assists the natural stride of the wearer. It cushions the foot well as it lands and then gives the toe-offs more bounce because it has a springy nature.
Mild arch support is afforded by a mid-foot construction that’s meant to correct supination of the foot. It centers the foot and keeps it in a neutral position.
The UA SpeedForm Technology is a smooth upper fabric that delivers secure and seamless coverage. It encourages air to enter the shoe and keep the foot cool and dry. It also gives a sock-like fit that’s non-irritating to the foot, making it possible to wear the shoe even without socks.
The Ultrasonic Welded Seams holds the foot in place. It helps the upper fabric in wrapping the foot snugly and securely without feeling too restrictive. The material isn’t irritating to the skin, as well.
A molded seamless heel cup gives the shoe more structure and holds the rear of the foot in place as the shoe is worn. It doesn’t make the heel area too stiff and it the material doesn’t rub uncomfortably against the skin. It’s a helpful layer that locks the foot down responsibly.