Satisfied with the stylish design, snug fit, steady midsole, and comfort that the Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0 provides, wearers have shown their appreciation for the shoe. On the other hand, several of them complained about its stiff upper and heel, tight width, and how troublesome it was to put on the shoe. Despite that, many still perceive the shoe to be quite comfortable and performs well after the break-in.
- Fashion-forward design
- Glove-like fit
- Supportive midsole
- Comfortable after break-in
- Good arch support
- Good value for the price
- Requires a break-in period
- Narrow width
- Tough to tighten
Who should buy the Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0
The Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0 is an update to the successful original, the UA SpeedForm AMP. The shoe features components necessary which achieves durability and comfort. It is a solid option if:
- You are looking for a supportive enough shoe for weightlifting, HIIT, and other cross-training and indoor workouts.
- You have high-arched feet and are after a pair that accommodates well such a foot profile.
- You work out in humid places and need a shoe that keeps your feet cool and dry.
Updates to the Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0
- This iteration now has a lightweight woven upper that facilitates faster movements. Despite the lightness of the fabric, it is durable and withstands intense training.
- The tongue comes in a new burrito-style form. It gives a tighter fit.
- This version currently uses the SpeedForm sockliner, a moisture-wicking cushioning unit. It cradles the foot which gives a pleasant underfoot feel.
- Another addition is the open floating space in the arch area. It encourages the arch to move naturally.
- A unique tread pattern has been added in the middle area of the outsole that provides flexibility.
Multisurface outsole grip
The bottom of the Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0 is made of rubber. It is a material that displays a strong grip on different types of surfaces. Its tread is marked with flex grooves and a unique pattern that enhance traction and flexibility.
The SpeedForm sockliner lines the bottom interiors of the Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0. It delivers plush cushioning while wicking away sweat from the skin.
Supporting it underneath is a lightweight EVA midsole. It provides supplementary cushioning as well as shock-absorption and energy transfer.
An internal stability shank is added to the medial area. It supports the foot during explosive activities. The arch area features a floating space between the midsole and the foot. It fosters natural arch mobility.
The Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0's heel cup
The Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0 employs the construction principles of the Speedform technology, which involves the use of a stabilizing heel cup and snug textiles that grants a precise and flexible fit as the brand claims. It was developed in partnership with a bra manufacturer.
An external TPU heel counter is installed on the rearfoot area. It supports and steadies the foot.
A lightweight woven upper wraps around the foot which grants a snug yet pliable feel that expands with the feet during explosive and dynamic movements. It is also durable with abrasion-resistant materials incorporated into it.
The tongue has an unconventional style. It is shaped like a burrito that gives a sock-like and locked-down fit and feel. The closure utilizes a multi-lace saddle system. It has an off-center structure that keeps the foot in place.