DiscontinuedUpdate: Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 3.0
Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WeightMen: 9.3ozWomen: 7.7oz
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropMen: 2mmWomen: 2mm
WidthMen: Narrow, StandardWomen: Standard
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
The Under Armour SpeedForm Amp 2.0 fits perfectly into the category, providing excellent stability and support in a lightweight, well-built package. Give the upper time to form and you will be rewarded with a good fit as well.
Updates to Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0
- The Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0 is an update to the successful original, the UA SpeedForm AMP. It still retained the key namesake technologies of the original such as the AMP and the SpeedForm. However, the current version has a couple of surprises that diverted from its predecessor.
- It now has a lightweight woven upper that facilitates faster movements. Despite the lightness of the fabric, it is made to be durable to withstand intense training.
- The tongue comes in a new burrito-style form. It is meant to give a tighter fit.
- It currently uses the SpeedForm sockliner, a moisture-wicking cushioning unit. It cradles the foot for a pleasant underfoot feel.
- The midsole is made from EVA foam. It is a lightweight component that offers cushioning and energy transfer.
- Another addition is the open floating space in the arch area. It encourages the arch to move naturally.
- The outsole is still made of the same rubber material. A unique tread pattern has been added in the middle for flexibility.
Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0 size and fit
This workout shoe was created for both men and women. It typically runs as expected and follows the US training shoe sizing scheme, ranging from sizes 7 to 15 for men and 5 to 12 for women. It is available in a standard width, D - Medium and B - Medium for males and females respectively.
The bottom of the Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0 is made of rubber. It is a material that displays a strong grip on different types of surfaces. Its tread is marked with flex grooves and a unique pattern that are meant to enhance traction and flexibility.
The SpeedForm sockliner lines the bottom interiors of the Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0. It is engineered to deliver plush cushioning while wicking away sweat from the skin.
Supporting it underneath is a lightweight EVA midsole. It provides supplementary cushioning as well as shock-absorption and energy transfer.
An internal stability shank is added to the medial area. It is meant to support the foot during explosive activities.
The arch area features a floating space between the midsole and the foot. It fosters natural arch mobility. This construction has also made its way into the more recent version of the model, the SpeedForm AMP 3.0.
The Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0 employs the construction principles of the Speedform technology, which involves the use of a stabilizing heel cup and snug textiles for a precise and flexible fit as the brand claims. It was developed in partnership with a bra manufacturer.
A lightweight woven upper wraps around the foot for a snug yet pliable feel that expands with the feet during explosive and dynamic movements. It is also designed to be durable with the abrasion-resistant materials incorporated into it.
An external TPU heel counter is installed on the rearfoot area. It is created to support and steady the foot.
The tongue has an unconventional style. It is shaped like a burrito to give a sock-like and locked-down fit and feel.
The closure utilizes a multi-lace saddle system. It has an off-center structure that is created to keep the foot in place.