Who should buy the Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0
The Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0 is an update to the successful original, the UA SpeedForm AMP. The shoe features components necessary to achieve durability and comfort. It is a solid option if:
- You are looking for a supportive enough shoe for weightlifting, HIIT, and other cross-training and indoor workouts.
- You have high arched feet and are after a pair that would accommodate well such a foot profile.
- You work out in humid places and need a shoe that can keep your feet cool and dry.
Updates to the Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0
- This iteration now has a lightweight woven upper that facilitates faster movements. Despite the lightness of the fabric, it is made to be durable to withstand intense training.
- The tongue comes in a new burrito-style form. It is meant to give a tighter fit.
- This version currently uses the SpeedForm sockliner, a moisture-wicking cushioning unit. It cradles the foot for a pleasant underfoot feel.
- Another addition is the open floating space in the arch area. It encourages the arch to move naturally.
- A unique tread pattern has been added in the middle area of the outsole for flexibility.
Multisurface outsole grip
The bottom of the Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0 is made of rubber. It is a material that displays a strong grip on different types of surfaces. Its tread is marked with flex grooves and a unique pattern that are meant to enhance traction and flexibility.
The SpeedForm sockliner lines the bottom interiors of the Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0. It is engineered to deliver plush cushioning while wicking away sweat from the skin.
Supporting it underneath is a lightweight EVA midsole. It provides supplementary cushioning as well as shock-absorption and energy transfer.
An internal stability shank is added to the medial area. It is meant to support the foot during explosive activities. The arch area features a floating space between the midsole and the foot. It fosters natural arch mobility. This construction has also made its way into the more recent version of the model, the SpeedForm AMP 3.0.
The Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0's heel cup
The Under Armour SpeedForm AMP 2.0 employs the construction principles of the Speedform technology, which involves the use of a stabilizing heel cup and snug textiles for a precise and flexible fit as the brand claims. It was developed in partnership with a bra manufacturer.
An external TPU heel counter is installed on the rearfoot area. It is created to support and steady the foot.
A lightweight woven upper wraps around the foot for a snug yet pliable feel that expands with the feet during explosive and dynamic movements. It is also designed to be durable with the abrasion-resistant materials incorporated into it.
The tongue has an unconventional style. It is shaped like a burrito to give a sock-like and locked-down fit and feel. The closure utilizes a multi-lace saddle system. It has an off-center structure that is created to keep the foot in place.