Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 7.8ozWomen: 7oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 7mmWomen: 7mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightMen: 25mmWomen: 25mm
Forefoot heightMen: 18mmWomen: 18mm
WidthMen: normalWomen: normal
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Updates to Under Armour Micro G Mantis II
- The design scheme for the 2nd version of the Micro G Mantis from Under Armour has been updated. This version now has a singular fabric unit for the upper that delivers a consistent wrap for the foot. Most of the material used for the upper is a molded component that has perforations for flexible and breathable support.
- The forefoot section of the upper unit makes use of a mesh material that’s very breathable. It has a more open construction, which is capable of encouraging air to enter the shoe and provide a well-ventilated interior for the runner.
- The tongue of this version features some light padding in order to assist in keeping the foot coverage less irritating to the skin. It also prevents any contact points or folds that might irritate the foot of the runner.
- The mid-sole unit makes use of proprietary technologies to provide a responsive and comfortable underfoot experience for the wearer. It’s lightweight, durable and flexible, so runners won’t feel restricted when taking each step.
- The outsole unit of this running shoe features a rubber material that protects the rest of the sole unit from the harsh effects of abrasion and consistent use. It’s a sturdy and reliable layer of protection that’s also durable and capable of giving traction over the surfaces.
Under Armour Micro G Mantis II size and fit
The Under Armour Micro G Mantis II has a standard running shoe length. It comes in a variety of sizes that conform to the regular measurements. The heel, mid-foot and forefoot sections have a medium width, so it accommodates runners whose feet are medium-sized. Its semi-curved shape lets the natural shape of the foot to adjust well when wearing it.
The outsole unit of the Micro G Mantis II makes use of a Solid Rubber compound that’s layered on the entire external surface. It’s durable, so it protects the foot and the sole unit from the harsh and abrasive nature of the roads. Traction is also part of its service, so surface control is very viable for this shoe.
Some flex grooves are appreciable in the sole unit, particularly in the forefoot area. They allow the mid-sole and outsole to flex in accordance with the natural movements of the wearer.
The Micro G® technology is a mid-sole foam that’s lightweight and responsive. This full-length cushioning system responsibly carries the foot and absorbs impact shock when landing on the ground. It releases the energy from the impact, thus making each liftoff more adequate.
The 4D Foam® is a full-length unit that lies just above the main mid-sole foam. When the foot puts pressure on it, it conforms to its shape, thus giving support to all the curves of the underfoot. Through this, it also gets rid of slippage, so the foot stays in place at all times.
The upper unit utilizes a molded material that has perforations. It hugs the foot well while giving it points of ventilation and flexibility. The material itself is full-bodied, so it maintains the structure of the rest of the upper unit without adding more weight.
The overlay system has been welded onto the upper. This technique of bonding the overlays gets rid of seams, thus making the wearing experience less irritating to the skin. It also doesn’t limit the natural movement of the foot.
The forefoot section gives space for a breathable mesh material, which delivers optimal breathability to the foot at all times. Its open construction constantly allows air to circulate in and out of the Under Armour Micro G Mantis II, thus keeping a dry and cool environment for the runner.