Who should buy the Under Armour HOVR Sonic 2
You will love the Under Armour HOVR Sonic 2 if:
- You want an appealing neutral running shoe that has a user-friendly interface and is very agreeable right outside the box
- You want a breathable shoe that is great for all-day wear, walking, jogging or long-distance
- You want a shoe that is equipped with digital connectivity that helps track your running metrics; definitely is worth the bucks you spend
Updates to the Under Armour HOVR Sonic 2
- The long-distance capability boasts more cushioning and provides a smoother transition
- Updates equip the runner with more flexibility while retaining the zero-gravity feel in the activity
- Equipped with Record Sensor™ that allows the runner to track and measure their running metrics.
Run quicker with the Under Armour HOVR Sonic 2 outsole
The outsole of the Under Armour HOVR Sonic 2 comes in two portions. First, under the forefoot is a blown rubber. The structure of blown rubber—that is, air-injected—makes the outsole lighter, softer, and more flexible compared to traditional rubber outsoles. These qualities are important during toe-off, as they enable a more nimble and responsive movement, which results in a quicker pace.
Meanwhile, under the heel is a high-abrasion outsole unit made from carbon rubber. The durability and high-resistance characteristics of this material promote optimal shock absorption and better feel of the ground during running.
Zero-gravity feel with the Under Armour HOVR Sonic 2 midsole
The HOVR technology of Under Armour is materialized as an ultra-responsive midsole foam that encourages energy return with each step. More importantly (and as its name implies), HOVR provides a “zero-gravity feel” because of its ultra-lightweight and soft qualities. With HOVR foam, the HOVR Sonic 2 effortlessly absorbs impact during running and transforms it into energy.
Aiding the HOVR foam is the EnergyWeb, a compression mesh unit that is wrapped around the HOVR foam. This feature maintains the shape of the midsole, as well as augment the shoe’s responsiveness and energy return.
The Record Sensor is the main feature of the Under Armour HOVR Sonic 2 that sets it apart from the traditional running shoe. This unique device comes in the form of a pod that is embedded in the midsole foam. The Record Sensor engages digital connectivity via Bluetooth that allows runners to track their data, as well as offer coaching which improves running metrics.
Maximum efficiency with the HOVR Sonic 2 upper
Similar to the previous iteration, the HOVR Sonic 2 utilizes Threadborne upper material that gives coverage that is breathable, comfortable, and lightweight. Threadborne is a premium material that is made from engineered, microsized threads that allow maximum mobility and functionality.
For additional details, there is an external heel counter made from thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) that provides additional support and structure for a more secure run, as well as a unique tongue construction that augments the snug fit of the HOVR Sonic 2.