Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
97 / 100 based on 5 expert reviews
It is the best fitting version of the ClutchFit, especially in the toe box and forefoot area. No dead space on the inside. The soleplate is more flexible. The upper is super soft and flexible. Heel lockdown is very good. In regards to foot shape and width, it’s gonna be suitable for anybody. The shoe runs a half size small.
It is one of the most underrated boot on the entire market. The fit is universal. The upper itself is very elasticated with a rubbery texture on top. As you pull the laces tight, they mold to the shape of your foot.
With its quality build, stunning colorways, and comfort that rivals any cleat on the market, the ClutchFit Force flies under the radar of other control boots, and that’s a shame. So if you are a control boot lover, creative midfielder, or just want a new comfortable boot, I can recommend the ClutchFit Force 3.0 for you.
If there is one thing you need to know about the current UA line-up, it is that they are built on the ideals of comfort. The US brand has nailed down what is probably the one most important fundamentals of any new boot line-up, ensuring every piece of the boot is designed to keep yourfeet comfortable through a 90-minute game.
Under Armour has changed a few minor things from their ClutchFit 2.0, but the ClutchFit 3.0 is definitely an upgrade. The material is much softer and the touch on the ball is more natural and softer than I would have expected. This cleat has really leapt out of no where into one of the most under rated cleats on the market. The fit, touch, and shot are all on point and if this is any indication of Under Armour’s direction in the soccer world, well, they are spot on.
- The Under Armour Clutchfit Force 3.0 Firm Ground cleat uses the Trivela microfiber technology for the upper. This material yields a more stretchable sensation than standard synthetic. At the same time, it creates a second skin feel by wrapping around the foot. To further enhance the fit as well as the touch of the upper, an external rubberized material has been added.
- The heel area features grip strips to ensure foot lockdown and prevent heel slippage.
- To provide cushioning for the footbed, the soccer cleat includes a foam insole called Charged Cushioning®. It can also be found in its previous generation and other sports shoes of the brand. It is known for its soft yet stable underfoot support that does not cause any unwanted pressure from the studs.
- Much like the Mizuno Rebula 2 V2 FG, this model’s soleplate comes in the standard Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) plastic. It has a natural sensation on foot. The stud configuration used works well with firm ground courts.
- With its overall design, Clutchfit cleats have been compared to the Under Armour Magnetico Pro Firm Ground which has similar upper features.
The Under Armour Clutchfit Force 3.0 Firm Ground cleat has a snug, sock-like fit. The shoe can accommodate most foot types as the material in the upper molds into the user’s foot. The men can choose between sizes 5 to 13.
Additionally, it is important to note that several users expressed that this model runs a half size long, so it is recommended to go a half size down for the best possible fit.
A TPU plastic is used for the soleplate of this model. It provides a natural feel on foot and contains an adequate amount of flexibility.
The stud configuration features eight studs in the forefoot as well as a support stud in the middle. This construction yields enough traction without being too clingy or aggressive.
The upper of the Under Armour Clutchfit Force 3.0 Firm Ground cleat utilizes a combination of Trivela microfiber and an added layer of rubberized material on top. Molding into the shape of the user’s foot even if it’s still fresh out of the box, the cleat needs no break in time.
Just like traditional soccer cleat models like the Adidas Mundial Goal, this Under Armour cleat uses a central lacing system is present to customize the fit further. As tension is applied when lacing the cleat, the rubberized material stretches with the Trivela upper to create an ‘as one’ feel besides ensuring foot lockdown.
The brand opted for a standard tongue that features memory foam inserts to prevent lace bite.
In the heel area, the heel liner uses synthetic leather. It also contains four black strips that prevent slippage.
The cushioning of this cleat has been covered by Under Armour’s Charged Cushioning technology. The foam-based material used not only provides comfort but maintains responsiveness while absorbing impact.
- Notable players sporting the Under Armour Clutchfit Force 3.0 include Granit Xhaka (playing for Switzerland’s Arsenal soccer team) and Jermaine Jones (playing for LA Galaxy).
- The cleat includes Charged Cushioning® for its insole.