Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionUnder Armour ClutchFit Force
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
94 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
They are very comfortable from the get-go similar to the original Cluthchfit.
I am loving my time in the Clutchfit Force 2.0 and I am still wearing the boot today even after my test period is over. The overall comfort and touch on the ball have won me over from day one in the 2.0 and it’s a shame many people will overlook the boot due to the UA logo on the side.
The Under Armour Clutchfit Force 2.0 lived up to expectations. The updates clearly position this as a control cleat and admittedly the wider upper looked different from the earlier edition when first pulling the cleat on, once the focus turned to the game the comfortable fit and performance eliminated any concerns.
Features of the Under Armour ClutchFit Force 2.0 Firm Ground
- As the name suggests, the football boot offers elements that are meant to clutch and fit. One of its attention-getting features is the two-way stretch Trivela upper that is designed to produce one-to-one fit. It is a microfiber material that stretches enough to provide adaptive support.
- The ball control element is brought by the rubberized 3D-printed texture. It enhances the ball friction ideal for striking and dribbling. The same engineered layer is also integrated into the original version of the Clutchfit Force and with the popular Under Armour Magnetico Pro Firm Ground, but with a different pattern.
- The footbed insole of the UA Clutchfit Force 2.0 FG is powered by Charged Cushioning®. It is designed to lessen the pressure from the soleplate through energy absorption. Through that mechanism, the insole technology becomes responsive.
- The soleplate of the second generation UA Clutchfit Force 2.0 FG is identical to its predecessor. It is made from TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) material that produces optimal traction without comprising the support.
Fit and sizing
The Under Armour Clutchfit Force 2.0 FG is available in standard sizes in men’s version only. It offers a form-fitting width that would provide a comfortable fit when going half a size up. The Trivela upper is a two-way stretch material that adapts to the shape of the foot, creating a snug sensation. The symmetrical laces anchored in the cushioned tongue offers more adjustability to prevent any restrictive sensation.
The Under Armour Clutchfit Force 2.0 FG has a TPU soleplate that is built to accommodate the movement of the foot naturally.
Lockdown is offered through the Charged Cushioning® footbed insole that aims to reduce soleplate pressure and allow for a more responsive stride. It replaced the 4D foam built for the first generation.
The stud pattern is similar to the original Clutchfit Force. The studs are designed with a skeletal concept. Apart from the creative aesthetics, the traction it brings works well with playmakers and strikers through the eight by four stud disbursement.
The UA Clutchfit Force 2.0 FG’s form-fitting nature is brought by the stretchable Trivela upper. It is an elastic microfiber material that conforms to the shape of the foot.
The upper is dominantly layered with the printed rubberized texture. The graphic is a magnified version of the original Clutchfit force.
The central lacing system is attached to the padded tongue to bring adjustable comfort to the already snug fit of the microfiber upper.
The Under Armour logo is placed on both sides of the football boot, camouflaged to the graphic of the entire upper.
- The UA Clutchfit Force 2.0 FG has a Youth variation, which is UA’s version for kids.
- The football boot is available in a Turf variation.
- The following are the colorway options for the firm ground cleats: Metallic Silver, Hi Vis Yellow-Rocket Red-Black, Black-Rocket Red-Wine, Black-Graphite-Hi Vis Yellow
- The UA Clutchfit Force 2.0 FG weighs 7.09 ounces.
- The football boot package includes the removable Charged Cushioning® insole.