Made from a lightweight and breathable material, the Charged Bandit 3 is a comfortable running shoe that is recommended for both beginners and seasoned runners. It delivers a consistent performance no matter the distance. While some may not be satisfied by the traction and support it offers, most users find this a reliable option.
- Extremely breathable
- Secure fit
- Great foot support
- Pleasing color options
- Heel cushioning
- Midsole lacks arch support.
- Not enough traction
- Narrow toe box
Who should buy the Under Armour Charged Bandit 3
- Great choice for high-mileage neutral road runners who run daily either on long-running sessions or short sessions on the treadmill.
- Solid option for those who are budget conscious and want a versatile training partner that can handle the miles.
Updates to the Under Armour Charged Bandit 3
- Lighter and more durable than its predecessor.
- Features the UA Charged Cushioning technology making it even more responsive and durable as it provides optimal cushioning and energy return. This design is suitable for neutral pronators.
- The upper makes use of a lightweight mesh that hugs the foot for flexible coverage.
- Under Armour’s own SpeedForm technology allows the shoe to mold to the foot for a precision fit, therefore eliminating distractions.
Reliable traction for runs on road or treadmills
The rubber outsole of the Charged Bandit 3 has a full ground contact design, thereby providing traction that is suitable for runs on dry concrete and on treadmills.
The heel area employs a high-abrasion carbon rubber that handles high-impact zones and delivers heightened performance. It also provides additional traction.
Charged Bandit 3 offers flexibility, cushioning, and a smoother ride
There are strategically-placed flex grooves that add flexibility in all the appropriate areas and allow for a smoother ride. The flex grooves also enable support for the foot during longer runs.
The midsole of the Charged Bandit 3 consists of the Charged Cushioning, which is made from a two-piece compression-molded foam. This cushioning is softer at the forefoot and firmer at the heel, thus providing a blend of comfort, support, and impact protection for long-distance efforts or up-tempo runs.
Charged Cushioning, which is also used in the Bandit 4, also delivers a higher level of responsiveness and durability while having optimal cushioning and energy return.
Delivers strength, breathability, and underfoot support
An antimicrobial Ortholite sock liner molds to the foot and provides additional underfoot support while also preventing the buildup of bacteria.
Providing an elevated level of comfort, the upper of the Charged Bandit 3 is made with a seamless, breathable design using a lightweight circular knit material.
While it is supposed to feel good to wear, it also delivers strength and support that stretches and moves with the foot while running.
Under Armour Charged Bandit 3 brings comfort
The foot is delivered with comfort and an anatomical fit with the help of the SpeedForm technology, which comes in the form of a seamless molded heel cup that feels like an extension of the foot.
This also allows the foot to perform better as the precise fit eliminates distractions from running. Protected by an external TPU heel counter, the shoe has an enhanced structure and locked-in support which keeps the back of the foot in place.
A snug yet stretchy toe box is present, providing a secure fit for the toes. The EVA tongue is uniquely constructed as it connects to the upper so that it stays put, thus providing comfort over the top of the foot.