Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropWomen: 7mm
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Updates to Under Armour Breathe Lace
- The Under Armour Breathe Lace is a workout shoe that is intended for everyday training. It has a low-cut profile that boasts of a breathable and lightweight feel with its stretchable mesh upper.
- The soft fabric is locked down by two mechanisms. A flexible strap wraps around the forefoot securely while an asymmetrical lace-up closure tightens the fit and enhances lateral support. They are also meant to contribute to its sporty aesthetics.
- The insole is crafted from molded ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) for a pleasant underfoot experience. It cradles the sole by conforming to its contours.
- The midsole is constructed with the same lightweight EVA material as the insole. It runs the full length of the trainer. It aims to offer a responsive ride.
- The outsole is completely made of rubber. It is meant to provide multi-surface traction and durability.
Under Armour Breathe Lace size and fit
The Under Armour Breathe Lace is geared towards women. The sizing runs the full gamut, ranging from US 5 to 10 with half sizes in between. It was reported to run smaller in length than its actual size, which is why the brand recommends that buyers go half a size up for the best fit. The B - Medium width profile is the only available option.
The Under Armour Breathe Lace has a bottom that is made of durable rubber for traction on different types of surfaces. Its tread is uniquely patterned with spikes and strips to enhance the grip.
The Under Armour Breathe Lace employs a midsole that is entirely made of EVA for equal coverage of shock absorption and energy transfer. It has a lightweight nature.
The foot lies atop an EVA insole. It is molded to the natural curves of the sole for comfort.
The exteriors of the Under Armour Breathe Lace is made up of a stretch mesh fabric for uninhibited movements. It is a lightweight material that allows air to circulate in the foot-chamber to keep the foot cool and fresh.
There are two features in place that work together to lock down the footgear. The first is the asymmetrical lacing system that tightens the fit according to the preference of the user and reinforces the sides to boost lateral support. Second, an elastic strap wraps around the forefoot for added support and security.
A pull tab is sewn on the tongue. It facilitates an easier slip-on and slip-off experience.
Synthetic overlays are strategically placed on the heel and the midfoot. They prevent wobbling and accidental heel slippage.