Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
- Sporting a bold colorway, the Umbro Velocita 4 Pro Soft Ground soccer cleat is set for speed on soft ground courts. While agility is the main goal of this soccer cleat, its upper does not come short when it comes to comfort. It is created with a tri-layer upper construction that enhances player experience on tough muddy grounds.
- The three-layer construction includes an outermost element that serves as an overall protection for the shoe. The middle layer brings the flex and stretch element for the shoe, and is named ‘memory-flex’. Lastly, a Neoprene material is also placed in the internal part of the shoe. It is engineered to wrap the player’s foot to optimize the overall fit. The material ratio brings a balance of flex and structure to the soft ground athlete’s movements.
- Meanwhile, an external heel counter is installed to provide lateral and medial support on slippery wet grounds. The central lacing system is incorporated into the shoe’s construction to create a more personalized fit. Additionally, debossed diamond texturing is placed in the forefoot which boosts the shoe’s flexibility.
- The outsole of this model is created with the Sprint+ technology which has been engineered to bring maximum traction in soft ground courts. It is a Pebax-based material that is known to bring a lightweight feel. The soleplate consists of a total of twelve studs which is a combination of triangular, removable, and elongated studs.
The combination of the three synthetic materials in this soccer cleat creates a foot-hugging sensation from the upper to the base layer. The central lace-up closure adds up to the sock-like fit by bringing more customization to the fit. t. The pair is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from sizes 7 to 13.
The upper of the Umbro Velocita 4 Pro Soft Ground soccer cleat is created with a tri-layer construction. Protecting the shoe is the topmost layer which doubles as a fit reinforcement. The mid-layer consists of a memory-flex material that allows for a stretch as well as flexibility. Meanwhile, the base layer is that of a Neoprene material which acts like a sock, wrapping around the player’s foot. Furthermore, this material provides a seamless feel.
Aiding flexibility are diamond-shaped debossed texturing incorporated into the forefoot area. This feature allows for easier flexibility in foot movement during play. This pattern is also evident in other soccer cleat brands including the New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro FG shoe.
A traditional lacing system with a tongueless design brings a unique custom fit for players. Players are allowed to personalize the fit through the six eyelets each on both sides.
The outsole of the Umbro Velocita 4 Pro Soft Ground soccer cleat is created with a Sprint+technology for better traction on soft ground courts. Created out of a Pebax material, the soleplate design is based on an analysis of peak pressure points as well as feedback from players. This data-driven feature optimizes grip on challenging muddy surfaces. Due to its effectiveness, this soccer cleat element is also found in several other brand’s shoes such as the popular Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite FG.
There are twelve studs placed in the soleplate. Four are found in the heel area with two removable studs and two triangular. The forefoot, on the other hand, bears six removable studs with two bladed studs. The mixture of fixed and replaceable studs produce an anti-slip traction ideal for wet, muddy surfaces.
The Umbro Velocita 4 Pro is available in several colorways including:
- Black/White/Marine Green
- Black/White/Caribbean Sea
- Black/White/Acid Lime
- Professional soccerer Michail Antonio of West Ham United sports this soccer cleat model.