- Introduced with the catchy tagline of “Speed + Touch. All you need.”, the second generation Umbro Medusae Elite HG is jam-packed with no-frills speed and touch elements.
- As the British brand’s first ever knitted cleats, this shoe is designed with a stretchable fiber shaped like a sock. It is extended to the ankle area as a mid-height collar. In the heel area, this one-piece knitted construction is infused with the leather vamp. It promotes an adaptive fit on the lower leg allowing for more instinctive movements. As a technical update from its predecessor, the knitted material gives this model an edge in terms of fit and weight. Knit has become a popular trend for modern cleats such as with Nike's Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground and Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG.
- Putting more structure to this soccer cleat is the Kangaroo leather vamp. Through its stitchless finish, it delivers a much softer sensation that aids in ball touch. This is made possible through its EVA strips which add more grip when in contact with the ball. The same EVA strips are also placed internally as an anti-slip element.
- To add more stability to the thin upper, an A-frame support is integrated underneath the midfoot. It is responsible for balancing stretch and structure to the shoe for a more contoured feel. Unlike the first generation Medusae Elite, this cage is covered with natural leather instead of a see-through mesh.
- Apart from the laces that promote customized fit, a TPU band is installed in the center of the shoe to reinforce midfoot support.
- Dubbed as the “Speed” outsole, the base of this soccer cleat resembles that of the Velocita’s. It has a combination of diamond and conical studs sitting on a Pebax soleplate. The configuration is targeted for agility especially on firm ground surfaces.
This hard ground soccer cleats from Umbro is available in sizes 6 to 12. Its premium kangaroo leather vamp offers a soft and anatomical fit that can be adjusted through a central lace-up closure. The knitted collar from the forefoot that extends to the ankle area enhances overall lockdown through its stretchable quality.
The Umbro Medusae II Elite Hard Ground is fitted with a lightweight Pebax outsole. Its stud configuration is a mixture of diamond and conical studs which is a carry-over from the previous model. The stud pattern aids in both rotational maneuverability and quick directional changes making this cleat an all-rounder.
Conical studs line up the medial forefoot side while the diamond studs dominate the soleplate in the lateral forefoot and the heel area. Players are able to effectively control brakes and fast-paced movements with this speed-oriented outsole.
To bring a more fluid forefoot-rear support, the soleplate is extended as an external heel counter. With this built, players are able to feel more stability especially around the heel areas during push-off motions.
Designed with a bold and unique aesthetic that exudes a contemporary vibe, this soccer cleat’s upper is interestingly made out of traditional K-leather material. It is fashioned in a no-sew construction that leaves a smooth upper finish and greatly helps in shot accuracy. Though soft and thin, this material is supported by an A-frame cage underneath to increase stability and support.
A major update to this model is the knit element that can be dominantly seen in the forefoot, ankle and heel areas of the shoe. The knit is designed like a sock infused into the leather vamp. It extends to the ankle area as a mid top collar to bring more lockdown for the lower leg. In the heel area, the knitted material is implanted into the natural leather to produce a continuous structure from the forefoot to the rear area.
To allow players to personalize the fit, a central lacing system is installed in the midfoot. Meanwhile, in the knitted midfoot area, support is reinforced with the help of the TPU band.
- Though named as Hard Ground, this soccer cleat is suited for natural firm ground surfaces.
- The Umbro Medusae II Elite HG weighs 185 grams.
Size and fit
How Medusae II Elite Hard Ground compares
1 shoes (0.53% of shoes)
2 shoes (1% of shoes)
3 shoes (2% of shoes)
17 shoes (9% of shoes)
16 shoes (8% of shoes)
20 shoes (11% of shoes)
35 shoes (18% of shoes)
38 shoes (20% of shoes)
48 shoes (25% of shoes)
10 shoes (5% of shoes)
12 shoes (6% of shoes)
36 shoes (19% of shoes)
26 shoes (14% of shoes)
20 shoes (11% of shoes)
9 shoes (5% of shoes)
18 shoes (9% of shoes)
31 shoes (16% of shoes)
19 shoes (10% of shoes)
13 shoes (7% of shoes)
6 shoes (3% of shoes)