Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Features of the Umbro Chaleira Pro Indoor
- Crafted to be among the best trainers in the market, the Umbro Chaleira Pro Indoor sure is not the average indoor boot. The English brand has designed this football boot to be a cut above the rest, equipping it with features that complement the skill of its wearers.
- Umbro has fitted this football boot with a full grain leather vamp that performs with an improved ball touch. Meanwhile, a suede toe piece that employs a re-grind touch control zone reinforces ease in handling the ball.
- Another detail found in the upper is the lightweight, breathable mesh quarters that have been welded to provide support for the boot’s structure. Over at the midfoot, the shoe shows off its central lacing system that enhances the fit by allowing wearers to customize it. A lightly-padded tongue, on the other hand, cushions contact areas of the foot.
- This indoor boot also employs an EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) midsole. This foam layer is molded to the boot and functions to cushion the foot, relieving pressure and strain. It is also very lightweight, so it does not hinder a player’s movement.
- As an added detail, this football ball also employs 3D print texturing on its heel. This helps players get 360-degree control for better movement on the pitch.
- For the outsole, this football boot has been fitted with a non-marking rubber outsole. Its low profile design improves overall flexibility and mobility. Meanwhile, the zigzag and circular patterns on the sole work to deliver the grip needed to play efficiently in hard and smooth indoor surfaces.
Fit and sizing
Umbro has released the Chaleira Pro Indoor in a men’s version only. This football boot is available in the standard sizes and fits true to size. It is expected to fit quite snug, especially around the vamp, which is made of leather. Also, the centrally-positioned laces allow users to make adjustments when it comes to tightness; thereby, optimizing fit.
A non-marking rubber compound is molded on the base of this football. This material is known to be lightweight and quite durable due to its compression molded construction. Suited for the indoor pitch, this model applies a combination of circular and zigzag patterns on its sole to efficiently supply traction on pitches with hard surfaces.
EVA compound has been utilized as the midsole of this football boot. Not only is this compound very lightweight, but it also works effectively in reducing strain and pressure by cushioning the foot and employing its shock-absorbing properties.
Synthetic material lines most of the upper of the Umbro Chaleira Pro Indoor. Its lateral sides highlight lightweight, breathable mesh quarters that have a heat-welded support structure. On the other hand, the vamp utilizes full grain leather that ushers in a soft and close ball feel.
The midfoot shows a standard lace-up closure that allows players to personalize the fit of the shoe. Moreover, a basic tongue lightly pads the contact zones while also showcasing the Umbro logo.
- This football boot weighs 289 grams.