The Vaude AM Moab Mid STX is for mountain cyclists who prefer ankle protection and grippy flat soles. The shoe's comfort, waterproofing, and high quality were some of the main benefits reported. As perfect as these MTB shoes may seem, a minor misfire of failing to keep the elements from entering the shoe has been expressed. Although it can be remedied by wearing pants over your shoes. Overall, the Vaude AM Moab Mids STX is still a go-to shoe for mountain cycling.
- Delivers excellent grip on pedals
- Exceptional ankle protection
- Comfortable to ride and walk-in
- Good looking design
- High-quality materials and construction
- Elements go inside
- Lack of outsole durability
Who should buy the Vaude AM Moab Mid STX
The Vaude AM Moab Mid STX has everything a year-round flat pedal shoe needs. Performance, extra traction, and plenty of protection. Cyclists say that this shoe is made with high-quality, robust leather from Terracare and features a membrane made from 100 % recycled materials.
Who should not buy the Vaude AM Moab Mid STX
Many cyclists who tried this shoe wished the shoe to employ a gaiter to keep water, mud, and stones from entering the shoe and they also stated that the sole became rock hard after less than a year. If you are looking for a very durable and has stiffer soles, you might want to check out the Five Ten Kestrel Lace.
Features of the Vaude AM Moab Mid STX
- The AM Moab Mid STX's construction is engineered for riders who want to cycle most of the year. Several features of this shoe make riding in most seasons possible.
- The cycling shoe's waterproof materials protect the foot from drizzles and puddle sprays, while the mid-top profile provides support and protection from bike bumps and trail impacts. Offering more impact protection are the reinforced toe and heel areas.
- Down below, the EVA midsole is responsible for shock absorption, while the more rigid PU foam in the pedal area offers adequate power transfer. Lastly, Traction is delivered by the brand's AM Flat sole with varying lug patterns that provide the proper grip in different areas.
Delivers excellent grip on pedals
With the hexagon tread pattern at the midfoot combined with a soft SUPtraction® flat rubber compound, cyclists stated that it delivers a perfect grip on the pedal so they can stay concentrated on the trail. It also works like fish scales that wedge into the ground when walking for excellent traction whatever the ground surface.
Incredible surface traction
In the toe and heel area, cyclists noticed the sole has a deeper tread and they mentioned that it provides the necessary traction when you need to carry or push your bike.
Shock-absorbing and comfortable cushioning
The perfect fit is rounded off with an anatomical Ortholite® insole, which cyclists commended with its ability to provide optimum power transfer.
Provides additional protection from impacts and stones
Many cyclists were amazed at the additional protection it offers from impacts and stones.
Waterproof and breathable
Cyclists stated that its eco-friendly Sympatex® membrane upper protects your feet from water and dirt and it provides a good microclimate, thanks to its excellent breathability.