Outdoorsy individuals seeking a boot that offers comfort and water protection may like what they get from this Vasque day hiking boot. Indeed, its traction and arch support may be of great use to those who frequently tackle demanding terrain.
- Insanely comfortable boot
- Excellent arch support
- Excellent ventilation
- Short break-in period
- Narrow toe box
Who should buy the Vasque Talus AT UltraDry
The Vasque Talus AT UltraDry yields satisfaction because of its trail-centric characteristics. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that combines versatility and performance that helps adventurers take on demanding environments.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides protection from wet conditions.
- Prefer a hiking boot that lets wearers tackle uneven trails with sufficient support.
Updates to Vasque Talus AT UltraDry
- The Talus AT UltraDry is a Vasque outdoor boot that combines versatility and performance that helps adventurers take on demanding environments. Its 1.8mm nubuck leather upper contains an UltraDry laminate that provides protection from wet conditions.
- Trail enthusiasts are able to tackle uneven trails with sufficient support via its ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole. The boot’s Vibram Mega Nuasi delivers traction on wet and dry surfaces.
Size and fit
The Vasque Talus AT UltraDry is a mid-top hiking boot built for men and women. It is built using the brand’s Perpetuum last, which features a wider toe box and a configuration geared towards individuals with flat feet. Its conventional lacing system, meanwhile, lets wearers customize the footgear’s fit.
Excellent traction on varied terrain
This Vasque outdoor boot for hikers is equipped with a Vibram Mega Nuasi outsole for ground adherence. It uses an aggressive pattern of widely-spaced lugs that renders traction on varied terrain, including slippery surfaces.
Provides control when tackling uphill and downhill
The sole’s forefoot and rearfoot zone contain several ridges that provide extra control when tackling uphill and downhill conditions. Moreover, its front tip goes upward that shields the user’s toes from stubbing.
Rigid and underfoot support
The men’s and women’s Vasque Talus AT UltraDry comes with a molded midsole made of EVA foam. This material offers a cushioned ride while reducing the impact of various ground conditions. A thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) shank is integrated into the midsole for rigidity and underfoot support.
Excellent arch support
This Vasque pair sports a dual-density EVA footbed. It gives arch support, extra cushioning, and comfort underfoot.
Sturdy and lightweight
The Vasque Talus AT UltraDry features a 1.8mm nubuck leather upper with panels of abrasion-resistant mesh fabric. These materials imbue the boot with sturdiness and lightness.
An UltraDry laminate is embedded into the upper that provides protection from wet encounters while allowing excess moisture to escape.
Secure fit and easy to wear
The boot’s rearfoot zone houses a counter for heel support and security. Its closure system contains several eyelets and metal hooks aid the wearer when it comes to fit management. The footgear’s padded collar and tongue promote comfort. Moreover, a pull loop is found at the back that delivers easy on and off.