Vasque Talus AT Low: Classic style, modern performance
Breathable shoes can be made of leather too, not just pure mesh or fabric. Take this from Vasque. A known brand for heavy-duty hiking footwear, the Talus AT Low is the lighter and more breathable version of the Talus hiking boot that many of us loved. Best used for hiking in hot conditions, the Talus Low is something you'll want to add in your gear.
Talus AT low-cut day hiking shoes for men
Professional and experienced hikers know Vasque. It's one of the major brands for backpacking footwear. They are widely known for making heavy-duty kicks that stand the test of time so it's not surprising that most of their offerings have premium price tags.
The Talus AT is another classic-looking hiker from Vasque that is designed for the modern hiker. It features the following:
- Protective leather upper. This shoe is constructed using Nubuck leather - a sturdy material that is highly resistant to scuffing and abrasion. This means you won't have to worry about rocks, dirt, and other sharp particles on the trail ruining your shoes.
- Mesh lining. Featuring mesh cages in the upper, the Talus AT Low will keep your feet cool even when it's scourging hot on the trail. But that also means your feet are prone to moisture if the trail includes stepping on puddles and crossing creeks.
- Vibram sole. Every serious hiker and backpacker knows about Vibram. Hiking shoes with Vibram soles offer solid footing on varying terrain.
Other versions of the Talus hiking shoe
The Talus collection by Vasque features heavy-duty kicks made of leather and mesh. Aside from the low-top version, you can also purchase the mid-top and trekking versions. Below are some things to expect from each one:
- Talus UD - this is the high-top version of the Talus. While it's heavier than the low-top Talus, it offers plenty of protection. Plus, it's waterproof which means you can take it to rainy or snowy hikes.
- Talus Trek UD Low - It's a rugged hiker that is capable of tackling longer, more challenging trails. Compared to the Talus Low, this model comes with more aggressive lugs and a waterproof liner for long-lasting protection against the elements. The Talus Trek UD Low also comes in a mid-top version.
- Talus XT GTX - if you're up for some of the most challenging conditions, this hiking boot fits the bill perfectly. This performance-driven boot features a thick leather upper lined with Gore-tex. It's stiffer and chunkier, which ensures optimal protection against trail hazards.