Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
86% say it's true to size.
Out of stock in all 30 shopsVasque hiking shoes
Overview of this review
Updates to Vasque Juxt
- Thanks to its suede leather upper, the Vasque Juxt is light and able to provide comfort. It is a hiker that’s made to last and built for protection with its stitched-on overlay and rubberized reinforcements.
- The Juxt’s Off the Grid (OTG) sole unit is a trifecta of technologies. It includes a compression-molded EVA midsole, a TPU heel/arch stabilizer, and the Vasque OTG rubber outsole.
- Stability over rough and uneven terrain is among the responsibilities of the Juxt’s compression-molded EVA midsole. It is engineered to strike a balance between cushioning and ground feel. The TPU heel/arch stabilizer is latched securely on to its underside and functions as a stabilizing shank.
- The lowest layer that provides traction on different types of surfaces is Vasque’s Off the Grid rubber outsole. It is crafted with sturdy protrusions (popularly known as lugs) that grants a secure foothold over rugged terrain.
Size and fit
The Juxt is a Vasque outdoor shoe specifically crafted for male hikers. Built on the Arc Tempo last, the Juxt provides a snug fit for the toes yet leaves enough room for natural toe spread. This last also promotes agility and maneuverability by raising the shoe’s arch zone to an ideal level. Its lace-to-toe closure system highlights adjustability and promotes quick lock-downs. This type of closure system allows for personalized fit in several different configurations from the collar line all the way down to the toe box zone.
Majority of the shoe’s comfort fit, on the other hand, is brought forth by the supple collar foam—the cushy padded interior of the ankle cuff. The shoe’s tongue is also padded for extra comfort fit.
Slip prevention and footing security are Vasque’s primary objectives with the Off the Grid outsole. This proprietary rubber layer has a combination of heavy-duty, multi-directional lugs and precisely positioned treads for surface grip and ground maneuver assistance. The groove found in its heel zone provides comfort during heel strikes.
The Off the Grid outsole is engineered to have its front end extending to the upper. This extension fulfills the sole’s secondary purpose: to reinforce and protect the forefoot zone by acting as the shoe’s rubber bumper. This protective bumper also aids hikers during toe-offs as it too, just like the majority of its underside, has protrusions and treads.
Vasque engineers equipped the Juxt with a molded EVA midsole to bear the wearer’s weight and provide underfoot cushioning, stability, and shock absorption. Its tapered construction translates to comfy heel strikes, efficient foot rolls, and smooth toe-offs. Confined within the midsole unit is a specially designed shank called TPU heel/arch stabilizer which, as its name suggests, steadies the arch and heel of the wearer, especially when tackling tricky grounds.
The Juxt’s default footbed is made of dual-density EVA which gives it a soft, cushy feel without giving in to stress and wear and tear. This removable insole also offers heel support with its slightly raised lower half borders.
The Vasque Juxt owes its unique style and irrefutable lightness to its 1.6 mm suede leather upper. It has sturdy overlays that make the shoe resilient against abrasive elements. The amount of rigidity of the upper and the contoured design of the ankle collar make for a supportive shoe without compromising mobility. Aside from the supple collar foam, the shoe’s moisture-wicking lining also provides comfort—particularly, a fresh and dry kind of comfort—by effectively dispersing heat and expelling sweat.
At the front end of the shoe is a hardy rubber toe cap. Together with the outsole’s rubber tip, this toe guard shields the forefoot zone from common hazards, thereby minimizing the likelihood of stubbing and forefoot injuries. At the rear end of the shoe, on the back of the heel, is a pull tab which helps wearers easily put on or take off the shoe.
For a secure and customized lockdown, wearers are given a fairly straightforward classic lacing system. Its flat laces pass through a series of lace holes that alternate between classic eyelets and synthetic lace loops. The laces also pass through the tongue’s lace keeper—a synthetic tunnel that holds both the tongue and laces in place.
- The Vasque Juxt was the shoe used by the Navy SEAL Team 6 during the Bin Laden neutralization operation. The operation is widely known by the code name, Neptune Spear.
- This shoe is also known as the Juxt Shoe 7000, where 7000 is its manufacturing number.