Who should buy the Under Armour Syncline
The Under Armour Syncline is certainly a great choice for anyone looking for quality footwear for land and water adventures. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that offers enhanced durability and breathability.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that is easy to dry and secures fit.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that can absorb impact and renders high terrain traction.
Under Armour Syncline notable features
- This water hiking shoe features a dual-layer mesh upper for enhanced durability and breathability, an L6 BOA speed closure system for a secure fit, strategically placed drainage ports for easy drying, and a lightweight EVA midsole for optimal cushioning.
- It's equipped with the Charged Cushioning system in the heel that absorbs impact and a high-traction rubber lug outsole that works in a variety of terrain.
Size and fit
The Under Armour Syncline is a low-top hiker with a firm yet thin upper that cuffs the foot snugly. Unique to this shoe is the BOA speed lacing system that provides a quick and easy locked-in fit that won't lose tension in the water. This shoe is flexible to give the wearer freedom of movement when transitioning from and to the water.
Under Armour Syncline's high surface traction soles
Designed for dry and wet surfaces, the Under Armour Syncline hiking shoes are equipped with high-traction soles. They feature dashed lugs that bite into slick rocks, sand, and other surfaces.
Tackle the challenging terrain with EVA lightweight foam
For the midsole, this shoe uses EVA - a lightweight foam that is known for its durable cushioning, impact absorption and bounce rate. Another interesting characteristic of EVA is flexibility.
Provides optimum breathability and durability
The Syncline has an upper made of dual-layer mesh which is designed for optimum breathability. The internal structure of the shoe has welded TPU overlays for added durability, support, and abrasion resistance.
Provides water protection
There are drainage ports along the sides for efficient drainage of water. Unlike hiking sandals, this shoe provides toe and forefoot coverage, protecting your foot against sharp objects in the water.
Completing the shoe upper is the BOA lace-up closure - a dial-in system that is able to resist water tension, so you don't have to worry about your laces getting untied while you swim or waddle through streams or rivers. There's a plush foam collar for maximum heel comfort and the Charged Cushioning in the system that absorbs impact and converts it into a responsive burst of power.
Nice to know
- The Under Armour Syncline is available in other versions, including the Syncline Edge has very similar features except that it uses a traditional lace-up closure.
- Under Armour also offers footwear products specifically for day hiking. They feature rugged construction, durable and protective uppers, and high-traction soles.