Who should buy the Under Armour HOVR Apex 2
If you frequently work out and value the following elements in your shoe, then the UA HOVR Apex 2 is for you.
- Versatile enough to perform in most disciplines - from weights to box jumps and turf training to lateral drills
- Excellent grip
- Superior balance, support, and flex
Updates to the HOVR Apex 2
The Under Armour HOVR Apex 2 employs a couple of improvements based on the previous version's feedback. The original UA HOVR Apex mostly received unfavorable reviews both on performance and price. Below are some of the changes applied:
- Up-top, more TPU printed overlays are employed in the sides of the shoe. These overlays run from the midsole all the way to the eyelets.
- Compared to the original's midsole construction of the use of compression mesh Energy Web to encase the HOVR technology, this time the HOVR Apex 2's is encased in firmer EVA midsole.
- Apart from the comfort brought by the innovative cushioning, the latest version also employs a taller, adequately cushioned tongue, improving overall comfort.
A great weightlifting companion
Plenty of reviewers who do weightlifting laud the pair for providing the support that resembles a heel-raised powerlifting shoe.
Supportive and flexible
According to several athletes, this training shoe offers adequate support, balance, and flexibility for jumping and dynamic movements.
The shoe employs mesh for its upper to promote comfort and breathability. The shoe's impeccable comfiness impresses a lot of wearers.
The Under Armour HOVR Apex 2 offers support and stability from its lace-up construction. This design is essentially rooted in the midsole and goes all the way up to the eyelets.
Grounded and stable
Ground contact, flexibility, and stability are provided by the brand's TriBase technology.
The Under Armour HOVR Apex 2's sole unit
For efficient energy return, this footgear utilizes HOVR technology and EVA midsole as its cushioning unit.