Under Armour HOVR Apex 2: A versatile must-have for regular gym goers
The brand's aim in designing the HOVR Apex 2 shoe is to create an all-around workout shoe. This is achieved via several elements applied in the model, such as the following:
- Energy return properties of the HOVR technology
- Balance of a firmer EVA midsole
- Comfort and breathability of mesh uppers
- Support and stability from the lace-up construction. This design is essentially rooted in the midsole and goes all the way up to the eyelets.
- Ground contact, flexibility, and stability provided by the brand's TriBase technology
Who is it for? If you frequently work out and value the following elements in your shoe, then the UA HOVR Apex 2 is for you.
- Versatile enough to perform in most disciplines - from weights to box jumps and turf training to lateral drills
- Excellent grip
- Superior balance, support, and flex
Updates to the HOVR Apex 2
The Under Armour HOVR Apex 2 employs a couple of improvements based on the previous version's feedback. The original UA HOVR Apex mostly received unfavorable reviews both on performance and price. Below are some of the changes applied:
- Upper support and foothold. Up-top, more TPU printed overlays are employed in the sides of the shoe. These overlays run from the midsole all the way to the eyelets.
- Improved stability and balance. Compared to the original's midsole construction of the use of compression mesh Energy Web to encase the HOVR technology, this time the HOVR Apex 2's is encased in firmer EVA midsole.
- Enhanced overall comfort. Apart from the comfort brought by the innovative cushioning, the latest version also employs a taller, adequately cushioned tongue, improving overall comfort.