Good to know
Timberland’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof is a hiking boot crafted with robustness, protection, and performance as its primary qualities to counter various outdoor conditions. Its full-grain leather upper uses a seam-sealed construction to prevent water from entering.
The boot’s dual-density ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole delivers lightweight cushioning and shock absorbency. Its solid rubber outsole is engineered with multi-directional lugs to keep the user’s footing secure on varied terrain.
The Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof is a mid-cut hiking boot built for male and female adventurers. It is available in full and half sizes while width options come in standard and wide. The footgear’s conventional lace closure system permits wearers to personalize its fit and volume. Also, it fairly runs true to size.
Outdoor enthusiasts are empowered to overcome virtually all types of terrain, thanks to the Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof’s rubber outsole. It uses a pattern of multi-directional lugs to render traction on dry and slick surfaces. The outsole’s heel brake provides extra stopping power when tackling downhill conditions.
Imbuing the Timberland White Ledge with stability and support is its EVA midsole. It uses varying densities of this lightweight foam material to deliver adequate cushioning, energy return, and shock absorbency to overcome rugged terrain conditions. This component is paired with a removable dual-density EVA footbed which grants additional cushioning.
This hiking boot from Timberland features a full-grain leather upper. Its seam-sealed design keeps the wearer’s foot dry from various wet trail conditions. Moreover, the gear’s padded collar and tongue create a comfortable in-shoe environment for the user.
The White Ledge Mid Waterproof’s lace closure system is composed of combination eyelets (with some colorways using D-rings and others using metal loops in the forefoot area). These components are engineered to manage the boot’s fit. A pull tab is found on the collar’s back to permit an easy on and off. Its tongue also uses a gusseted design to prevent debris from entering the footgear.
- Those in need of a pair with a dedicated waterproof liner can go for quality Gore-Tex hiking boots. Some examples that can be considered are the Asolo Fugitive GTX and the Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX.
- The Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof’s full-grain leather upper is rated Silver by The Leather Working Group. This third-party environmental audit group classifies leather tanneries and their products according to energy consumption and the waste that they produce.
- Remove the laces first to gain better access to the boot’s hard-to-reach areas.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to scrub every trace of dirt and debris from the footgear.
- Get a warm washcloth to wipe the Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof clean.
- Mix an amount of mild detergent with water. Apply this solution on the boot to clean it thoroughly. A sponge or soft-bristled brush is recommended to be used in this step.
- Apply a waterproof treatment solution on the leather upper while it is still damp. This product helps preserve the material’s quality and waterproofness without compromising its breathability.
- Place the White Ledge Mid Waterproof to dry in an airy spot after cleaning it. Never leave this Timberland product near any direct source of heat. Doing so would damage its quality.
Both of these mid-top hiking boots from Timberland use common components to deliver protection and performance. Some examples include the usage of a waterproof seam-sealed upper made of full-grain leather, an EVA midsole, and a solid rubber outsole. Even the lug pattern of these two Timberland products use the same design to supply traction. All of these features render almost similar results when it comes to durability, cushioning, and grip, among others.
The main advantage of the Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof over the Flume Mid Waterproof is its availability to both men and women. Meanwhile, the latter is only available to male hikers.
When it comes to fit, both Timberland products are offered in whole and half sizes. Width options include standard and wide.