The North Face Flight Vectiv
Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
91% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
The North Face Flight Vectiv: the first carbon-plated trail shoe
After two years in the making and testing, the North Face entered 2021 with the cutting-edge Vectiv series. Topping the lineup is the North Face Flight Vectiv, the first-ever off-road shoe with a carbon plate. But what’s so special about it?
Propulsion. The stiff nature of the plate allows it to rebound much faster and return significantly more force than any traditional foam midsole. This not only helps runners to maintain consistent paces on races but also feel less fatigued after ultra marathons.
This technology was originally introduced to the world of road racing by Nike in 2018, setting a new benchmark for the other brands to follow.
The Flight Vectiv carries this feature over to the trails along with a few more benefits.
What is it good for?
- advanced to elite-level trail running
- any distance up to an ultra marathon
- mixed terrain, from paved surfaces to rocky trails
What is it NOT for?
- wet, boggy, muddy areas (short lugs lack grip) - you may want to consider more specialized shoes
Cooperation with athletes
- The North Face collaborated with Kaytlyn Gerbin, Dylan Bowman, and Coree Woltering (all elite trail runners) in the development of the shoe.
- At least 14 athletes (including the ones mentioned above) have set FKTs wearing different Vectiv prototypes.