Teva Arrowood 2 Waterproof
Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
86% say it's true to size.
Out of stock in all 30 shopsTeva hiking shoes
Overview of this review
Updates to Teva Arrowood 2 Waterproof
- The Teva Arrowood Waterproof’s second version comes with qualities crafted for day hikers who value lightweight performance and protection. This shoe uses a leather upper lined with a waterproof membrane to keep the elements out, replacing its predecessor’s leather and mesh upper.
- Its closure system employs a pair of round eyelets to manage the fit, as compared to metal hooks found in the previous version.
- This waterproof hiker from the Arrowood collection features a FloatLite midsole made of ethylene-vinyl acetate which offers lightweight cushioning. Its outsole employs individual rubber pods which grants grip on most types of terrain.
Size and fit
Teva’s Arrowood 2 Waterproof is a shoe made for male and female hikers. It comes in whole and half sizes. It is offered in standard width only. Wearers can use its conventional lace closure system to achieve a secure and personalized lockdown. Also, this Teva product generally runs true to size.
This waterproof hiking shoe from Teva uses a rubber outsole for ground adherence. It features individual triangular-shaped pods placed strategically on the outsole’s profile to deliver grip on virtually all types of terrain.
Apart from offering surface traction, the Teva Arrowood Waterproof’s outsole also grants protection from accidental bumps. This function is achieved by having its front end extend towards the shoe’s forefoot area where it shields the user’s toes from stubbing.
The Arrowood 2 Waterproof comes with Teva’s patented FloatLite midsole. It’s made of EVA foam, a material known for giving lightweight cushioning and shock reduction. This component works in tandem with an EVA footbed which grants arch support and lasting comfort.
The Teva Arrowood 2 Waterproof’s leather upper employs a waterproof membrane to keep the user’s foot dry from wet trail conditions. It is lined with lightweight mesh fabric for breathability. Its forefoot area is reinforced with a rand which grants added durability and protection.
The shoe’s closure system is composed of several eyelets and a synthetic lace to manage its fit. The upper’s heel area features a cap for extra stability. Moreover, a pair of pull tabs are found on the collar and tongue to permit an easy on and off.
- Buyers who need an upgrade in ankle support and protection should take a look at a pair of reliable waterproof hiking boots. A few options that should be contemplated are the Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof and Keen Targhee III Mid Waterproof.
- The Merrell MQM Flex and the Adidas Terrex AX2R are among the breathable shoes outdoor lovers can get for summer hikes.
Teva Arrowood 2 Waterproof vs. Keen Targhee III Waterproof
When it comes to surface traction, the Targhee III Waterproof uses an All-Terrain outsole. It has 4mm multidirectional lugs help the user stay steady over uneven ground and slippery terrain. The sole’s self-cleaning channels also shed excess mud and dirt to optimize traction. On the other hand, the Teva Arrowood 2 Waterproof’s rubber outsole features triangle-shaped pods to achieve surefootedness.
Keen’s waterproof hiking shoe sports a dual-density EVA midsole and an internal shank. This combination yields cushioning, rigidity, and responsiveness on the trail. Moreover, the gear’s metatomical footbed grants arch support. Teva’s low-top offering provides stability, underfoot comfort, and shock absorption via its FloatLite midsole and EVA footbed.
The Targhee III Waterproof’s leather upper is lined with a Keen.Dry membrane to prevent water intrusions. It is also treated with Cleansport NXT technology to eliminate odor-causing microbes. Teva’s hiking shoe features a leather upper lined with a waterproof membrane to keep the wearer’s foot dry.
Both hiking shoes cater to men and women in a range of whole and half sizes. They also come in standard width while a wider version of the Targhee III Waterproof is only available to male hikers. This footwear model from Keen also employs a heel capture system made of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) for extra stability.
Teva Arrowood 2 Waterproof care guide
- Teva recommends hand-washing this hiking shoe using cold water, a soft-bristled brush, and a gentle detergent solution.
- After cleaning the Teva Arrowood 2 Waterproof, it should be left to dry in an airy spot. Never place this footgear near a direct source of heat to speed up the drying process. Doing so would damage this pair.
- Teva suggests using a leather cleaning and conditioning product to maintain the shoe’s upper in good condition.