Who should buy the So iLL Runner
The So iLL Runner is a compelling product, thanks to its attractive design and send-worthy pros. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a climbing shoe that has a slip-lasted construction which results in enhanced sensitivity overall.
- Prefer a climbing shoe that grants adequate precision on steep terrain.
- Prefer a climbing shoe that provides footing security.
So iLL Runner notable features
- So iLL Runner is a high-performance rock shoe that pays homage to the running shoes of the yesteryears. It has a slip-lasted construction, which results in enhanced sensitivity overall.
- So iLL designers gave it medium stiffness to grant senders adequate precision on steep terrain. What provides footing security in this rock shoe, on the other hand, is a brand-exclusive outsole, called Dark Matter.
Downturn. The Runner is part of So iLL’s lineup of moderately downturned rock climbing shoes. It is ideal for technical multi-pitch ascents. Its middle-of-the-road downward camber allows for a wide breadth of maneuvers and climbing disciplines.
Applications. This moderate So iLL rock shoe is specifically built for intermediate and advanced climbers alike. It is intended for sports routes and bouldering, whether indoors or outdoors. Its build quality and set of hard-wearing components make it a competent tool for scaling overhangs.
The So iLL Runner is a low-top unisex climbing shoe. Female senders who take on V5 climbs or higher are advised to go down a full size. On the other hand, men who take on the same climbing grades are advised to order a pair a half size bigger than their street shoe size. The shoe promises minimal stretch with regular use. As it is built around an asymmetric last, its interior is curved inwardly. Users may adjust its fit to their preference by way of the Runner’s Velcro strapping system.
Excellent heel-hooking grip
So iLL engineers equipped the Runner with the Dark Matter rubber outsole in teal. 3.5 mm is its overall thickness. It covers part of the shoe’s heel for additional heel-hooking grip.
The Runner comes with a long-wearing fishhook midsole, which delivers sufficient support underfoot, particularly on edge-type projections.
Its engineers made it extra thin to make the shoe as lightweight as possible.
Easy to wear
The So iLL Runner’s low-top upper is made mainly of breathable mesh fabric. It comes with a padded tongue and a pair of synthetic pull loops, which facilitate on and off.
Excellent grip on the tricky wall or rock features
Its high-contact areas (also known as the parts around its lower perimeter) are amply randed to make the shoe as grippy as possible around tricky wall or rock features.
Heavy-duty hook-and-loop fasteners
Three sturdy straps make up the Runner’s closure system. These straps come built with heavy-duty hook-and-loop fasteners, rendering them highly adjustable as a result.