Who should buy the Skechers Solar Fuse
This Skechers sneaker is a good match for you if:
- You want a shoe with a soft woven one-piece mesh upper for foot breathability.
- You are after a sneaker with a slip-on silhouette and additional lacing system for a snug fit
- You prefer a shoe with a soft, stretchy ankle collar for easy slip-on access
Size and fit
The Skechers Solar Fuse trainers are available in slip-on and lace-up styles. Both are available in men’s and women’s sizing. They are equipped with Air-Cooled Memory Foam technology that provides cushioning and impact protection. Below are the rest of the distinguishing details:
- It has a soft woven one-piece mesh upper that gives foot breathability.
- It has a flexible midsole.
- For added comfort, it has a soft Stretch Knit textured ankle collar.
- For easy slip-on fit, it has a Stretch Knit fabric side panels and instep.
Slip-on with lace-up front closure:
- The upgraded slip-on silhouette has an additional lacing system to provide a better and snug fit.
- It has Stretch Knit instep panels and ankle collar.
- For easy slip-on access, it has a soft, stretchy ankle collar.
Style of the Skechers Solar Fuse
The low-top Skechers Solar Fuse is released in two styles, which are slip-on and slip-on with laces. Both sport a breathable mesh upper with a no-sew design. They have pull tabs on the tongue and ankle areas for easy on and off.
There are synthetic overlay panels on the heel and instep areas. The brand’s “S” logo is accented on the side near the heel area. Its textured midsole top layer is adorned with the Air-Cooled logo. Both styles have a flexible outsole with contrasting rubber panels.
It is available in different colorways. Some of them are:
Slip-on with lace-up front closure:
- black/ multi
- white/ multi
- navy/ multi
- light blue/ multi
- gray/ multi
- navy/ red
The Skechers Solar Fuse is a testament to style and comfort. It has a minimalist but versatile style with a sporty vibe that can complete a fashionable look.
The shoe also features material and technology that promotes breathability and comfort. It highlights foot breathability and excellent cushioning.
Equipped with Air-Cooled Memory Foam insole, it delivers excellent shock absorption, stability, arch support, and comfort for long hours of standing, walking, and other activities.
It is perfect for people who have foot-related ailments. Also, it boasts Stretch Fit mesh upper for keeping the foot fresh and dry.
History of the Skechers Solar Fuse
Skechers is a multi-billion dollar company and award-winning brand that designs and develops products known for quality, comfort, style, and innovation. It offers various products for men, women, and children.
Currently, Skechers products are sold globally in more than 170 countries. The brand sells its collections via third-party wholesale partners as well as directly to consumers through e-commerce platforms and over 3,000 Skechers retail stores.
But wait, do you ever wonder how did this multi-billion company start? It was Robert Greenberg who founded Skechers in 1992. He did it when he retired as a CEO from L.A Gear, which he previously founded in 1978.
Initially, the Skechers company was just intended to act as a distributor for Doc Martens boots. Later on, Robert started to conceptualize and market designs that casual athletic shoes that appeal to a young and urban demographic.
Eventually, the brand reached its breakthrough when the Chrome Dome shoe became an instant hit in 1993. This wave of success positioned the brand to challenge giant brands like Reebok and Nike for a slice of their business.
Skechers also gained its reputation for aggressive and innovative marketing tactics. Compared to its competitors, the brand has bought a big chunk of television and print advertising space. It also courted celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Britney Spears to promotes its shoes.
Currently, Skechers are grouped into two footwear categories. They are:
- Performance - this division includes Skechers GoWalk and GoRun
- Lifestyle division: This division includes Skechers Relaxed Fit, BOBS, and Memory Foam.
One of the innovative and comfortable lifestyle shoes that are released is the low-top Skechers Solar Fuse. It is designed in two styles. Both have slip-on construction, but the other one has an added lace-up closure system for a more customized fit.
The shoes are dressed in a breathable mesh upper to ensure that foot stays fresh from all-day activity. Unlike the regular Memory Foam that retains the body heat, this shoe is equipped with Air-Cooled Memory Foam insole that eliminates the issue. Instead, it provides a lightweight feel, heel shock absorption, arch support, stability, and cushioning comfort.
Nice to know
- Both styles of the Skechers Solar Fuse have a heel height of 1.25 inches.
- The shoes have soft fabric lining that adds foot comfort and breathability.
- It has a combination of rubber and synthetic outsoles that provide flexibility and a sure-footed grip.
- The is orthotic-friendly as its insole is removable.