Good to know
- The revamped Scarpa Helix offers performance and all-day comfort to beginners and intermediate climbers. Its upper has an updated cosmetic look and a new padded tongue. On the other hand, it retains the asymmetric lacing design.
- Previously employing a polypropylene midsole, the improved Helix comes with a Flexan midsole for enhanced performance. Also, its outsole has been updated. Formerly, it had a 4-mm TAC100 outsole; now, it is equipped with a sticky 3.5 mm outsole, called Vibram XS Edge.
Downturn. This Scarpa product wears a neutral and straight profile. This beginner-friendly design provides optimal comfort all day long. It gives climbers a grippy platform with as little tension as possible.
Applications. Scarpa Helix is an all-around rock climbing shoe that suits the needs of newbies and intermediate climbers alike. It is also designed for use in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Scarpa Helix climbing shoes cater to men and women. It is built around a slightly asymmetric and flat last, granting a mix of comfort and performance. Additionally, the to-the-toe lacing system helps fine-tune its fit.
Midsole. The Scarpa men’s and women’s Helix carry a 1.9 mm and 1.4 mm Flexan midsole, respectively. This unit is incorporated to distribute pressure across the foot evenly. It also gives a decent amount of flexibility, enhancing the climber’s performance.
Outsole. Thanks to a 3.5-mm thick outsole called Vibram XS Edge, the Helix can stick to almost all types of surfaces. This Vibram compound is developed to be resistant against plastic deformation, making it extra durable.
Scarpa Helix’s upper is made of 1.8 mm suede leather. The exterior base of this durable material is reinforced with rubber to enhance its protection against abrasion and rough rock surfaces. Its padded tongue and supple partial heel lining, which is made of chamois, heighten comfort.
The asymmetric closure system uses a hardwearing lace that passes through seven pairs of punched eyelets. Lastly, the dual tabs at the back of the shoe facilitate a convenient donning and doffing.
What should be done when a recently purchased Scarpa Helix climbing shoes have factory defects?
According to Scarpa, if there is a problem with the product, buyers can return the package using the free return shipping label included in the package. Fill out the form and include it in the box of the item to be returned. This process, however, should be done within 60 days from the purchase date as long as it is in new, unused condition.
How long does the Scarpa men’s and women’s Helix last?
The longevity of Scarpa Helix is affected by usage and climbing condition, to mention a few. As such, taking good care of it is essential in extending its lifespan. Here are some care tips that can help prolong the usefulness of Scarpa shoes, including the Helix.
- It is okay to wash Scarpa rock climbing shoes. Do this by using a soft-bristled brush with some light detergent in room-temperature water. Ensure that they are rinsed thoroughly to remove any soap residue.
- Dry them in the shade. It is not advisable to put them under direct sunlight. Doing so will soften the rubber and may cause delamination. Additionally, do not leave them in the car.
- Be cautious on deciding when to resole the rock shoes. Waiting too long to have them resoled may cost more because of the extent of the damage.
-Individuals who are looking for other lace-up, beginner-friendly options may also check out climbing shoes from La Sportiva and Black Diamond.