Saucony Grid SD
Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
79% say it's true to size.
Out of stock in all 30 shopsSaucony sneakers
Overview of this review
Size and fit
The Saucony Grid SD has versions for men and women. Women who would choose to get the shoe in men’s sizing need to subtract 1.5 from their regular size to ensure a correct fit. The front features a laced-up closure, allowing the wearer to adjust and get a snug fit. Plush comfort is provided by the padded tongue and collar.
Saucony Grid SD Style
There are material upgrades for the Saucony Grid SD that are great for the summer season. The upper is made of Wolverine Silkee Suede. It is incorporated with quarter straps and a molded forefoot. The heel comes with a reflective material. The shoe also features a Shadow 5000 sole that has an exterior triangular lug system. These kicks are great with jeans and shorts.
Comfort is the most known attribute of the Saucony Grid SD shoe. It has a heritage, cutting-edge technology called the GRID. Originally solving the problems of over pronators, the performance of the shoe can now be enjoyed even when walking along the city streets.
Saucony Grid SD History
The Saucony Grid SD is a running silhouette that took three years to produce. First launched by Saucony in 1991, the performance trainer was marketed to all the runner types.
Pronators need stability shoes which reduce overpronation. But the catch is that shoes of this type are not that comfortable. Fortunately, Saucony invented a solution. For the first time in running shoe history, a dual-function midsole that has cushioning and stability properties was invented. It was none other than the Ground Reaction Inertia Device or simply GRID. This technology utilized the negative spaces which are carved into key areas to create an optimum point of shock absorption, reduce weight and get maximum control and support by leading both feet through the gait cycle. These performance shoes treated wearers to a stable ride with a soft return.
The GRID concept is still applied in present Saucony running shoe models with its PWRGRID+ system. As for the current Saucony Grid SD, the shoe received great material updates.
- The Saucony Grid SD silhouette was used in a collaboration with Packer Shoes and Just Blaze to create a shoe with a casino vibe.
- Saucony had a collaboration with YouTuber and fashion enthusiast ToNYD2WiLD. Wanting a shoe that speaks to himself, Tony selected premium materials and conspicuous patterns to recreate the Grid SD.
- The shoe was launched in a “No Chill” pack, featuring four colorways. All shoes included in this release had a tonal upper. The collection was released on August 15, 2015.
- The shoe was seen in a triple white colorway when Saucony joined forces with Tyler J Blake (TBLAKE), a YouTuber that features lifestyle products.
- The Saucony Grid SD became a canvas for colorways inspired from 16-bit gaming tech. The collection is known as the “Games” pack.