Good to know
- Salomon uses a mix of technologies in the X Alp MTN GTX to be adaptive in mountaineering and approach conditions. The upper consisting of nubuck and Cordura is reinforced by the rubber toe and heel caps. The mud guard also supplies additional protection.
- Its two-layer compressed EVA midsole renders long-lasting cushioning. The EVA shaped footbed takes care of the support. The removable Ortholite insole also has a multitude of benefits that help maintain the freshness of the in-shoe environment. The innovative 3D Edging Chassis of Salomon is designed to render flexibility while maintaining lateral rigidity.
- The X Alp MTN GTX also uses the Contagrip to provide traction and durability. It combines strategically shaped lugs and rubber compounds of different densities to make every stride secure and stable.
- Providing waterproofness is the Gore-Tex Performance Comfort. This technology also offers breathability and moderate insulation.
The Salomon X Alp MTN GTX comes in men's and women's versions. This mountaineering boot features a to-the-toe-lacing to permit a smooth adjustment to get the wearer's desired fit. The lace locker also helps in customizing fit while securing the excess laces in place.
The proprietary outsole of Salomon X Alp MTN GTX–Contagrip–utilizes lug geometry and a mix of compounds of different densities to deliver durability and grip. Its large, asymmetrical lugs can grip and stabilize the foot on rocks and other terrains. The two-directional chevrons take care of the traction on uphill and downhill slopes. This outsole also has channels that drain water and mud, promoting grip on wet surfaces.
To provide cushioning and comfort, the X Alp MTN GTX features a compressed EVA in the boot’s midsole. It is constructed with two layers to deliver protection from rugged trails, cold conditions and weather.
This mountaineering boot has an EVA shaped footbed. It provides cushioning and anatomically structured support. It also comes with an Ortholite sockliner which permits air circulation in and around the insole. It leaves the in-shoe environment cool and dry together with its moisture-wicking ability. This insole comes with an EVA heel cup to support the heel and add more cushioning. Despite being lightweight, its durability enables it to retain more than 95% of its structure over time. This footbed can also be machine washed without compromising its benefits.
Salomon’s 3D Edging Chassis provides lateral rigidity while maintaining a natural heel-to-toe transition. The striped pattern and interlocking plates deliver flexibility to the user. This construction also allows the pair to tackle challenging and tricky terrains smoothly.
A member of the X Alp family, this mountaineering boot has a multitude of features that render protection. From its 1.5 mm waterproof nubuck leather and highly wear-resistant Cordura, this pair boasts a quality upper construction.
The Salomon X Alp MTN GTX is constructed with a 1.5 mm rubber heel cap, 2.5 mm rubber toe cap and 1.8 mm rubber mud guard. They work together to deliver extra protection and durability. Likewise, its gusseted tongue keeps debris out. The pull-on strap on the heel helps wearers to adjust the boot quickly. It has self-locking eyelets that hold the laces in place and allow users to alter the tension on their ankles and forefoot. Its heel foam and EVA protected forefoot add cushioning.
Using the Gore-Tex Performance Comfort membrane, it retains heat through its modest insulation. Adaptive to a wide range of activities, this technology also renders comfort and waterproofing.
- Rated as a B1 boot, Salomon X Alp MTN GTX is suitable with C1 crampons or flexible strap-on crampons.
- Salomon recommends that after each use, dirt and mud should be removed with a soft, wet brush and clean water. Let it air dry and avoid exposure to extreme heat.