Who should buy the Salewa Alpenviolet GTX
The Salewa Alpenviolet GTX may present buyers with ample performance on the trail because of its characteristics, especially when in environments with wet conditions. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that provides sufficient performance and comfort to tackle mountainous conditions.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that keeps the water out.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that yields cushioning and traction on most types of surfaces.
Salewa Alpenviolet GTX notable features
- The Salewa Alpenviolet GTX is a hiking shoe designed to give female adventurers sufficient performance and comfort to tackle mountainous conditions. Its wear-resistant fabric upper is lined with a Gore-Tex Extended Comfort membrane to keep water out.
- The shoe’s midsole is paired with a Pomoca rubber outsole. The combination of these components yields cushioning and traction on most types of surfaces, especially technical mountain terrain.
Size and fit
The Alpenviolet GTX is a low-top hiking shoe engineered specifically for women. It comes with a Climbing Lacing system, which extends toward the toes, for a personalized and precise lockdown. This component is connected to the instep area via a proprietary 3F System. This technology grants added security to the heel. Moreover, it sports a stretch gaiter, which delivers a glove-like fit.
Salewa crafted this shoe with an ergonomic last with a heel stack height of 36mm. This female-centric design provides a comfortable in-shoe environment that’s identical to footwear women normally wear every day.
This lightweight hike-centric shoe from Salewa comes with a Pomoca rubber outsole. It is made of a Pomoca Butilic compound, which is designed to support the natural rolling movement of the foot. The outsole’s profile is filled with irregularly-shaped lugs, which bite into most types of surfaces.
Renders control during uphill and downhill conditions
Both its forefoot and heel regions come with wave-like grooves to render control during uphill and downhill conditions. The outsole’s front tip reaches upward to provide protection from stubbing.
The Salewa Alpenviolet GTX supplies wearers with a cushioned ride, thanks to the use of a default midsole and an Ortholite footbed.
Excellent arch support
This combination also yields arch support and underfoot comfort with each stride. Moreover, the Ortholite footbed is engineered to wick moisture to cool the foot in warm weather.
Salewa’s Alpenviolet GTX is equipped with an upper made of wear-resistant fabric. A Gore-Tex Extended Comfort membrane is embedded within this component to keep water out while allowing excess moisture to escape.
Provides durability and protection from accidental bumps
A rubber rand is found on the shoe’s forefoot section to provide durability and protection from accidental bumps.
The Salewa Alpenviolet GTX is equipped with the brand’s patented 3F system. It is engineered to give heel support and flexibility. The shoe’s Climbing Lacing system employs a series of metal eyelets and fabric loops to aid the wearer in managing its fit.
Easy to wear
It has a sock-like stretch gaiter, which prevents debris from entering the footgear. A pull tab is found at the back of the gaiter to deliver easy on and off.