Overview of this review
Good to know
The Puma TSUGI Shinsei evoKNIT has a medium D or B width for men and women and generally runs true to size. Fitting for this low-top sneaker is secured by a unique side lacing system on the lateral side of the pump. A stretchy heel back strap and sock-like heel wrap were also placed to ensure the fit of the shoe. Available sizes for men range from US size 7.5 to 14 while women’s size range from US size 5.5 to 11.
Since it first came out in 2016, the Puma TSUGI Shinsei silhouette has convinced many sneaker fans to cop a pair. But the new improvement of introducing knit technology in the upper is a game changer regarding style. The design has been a welcome development in introducing Japanese aesthetic elements of functionality and fashion into the Puma brand’s sneakers.
Coming in current colors of white, black, red and indigo, the sneakers are not difficult to pair with casual clothing. The sneakers are best worn with joggers or shorts to allow people to show off their pumped up kicks with a contemporary flair that would make them standout in the crowd from the foot to the top.
For an innovative shoe that looks forward to the future of sneakers, The Puma TSUGI Shinsei evoKNIT delivers ultimate comfort and flexibility because of its two notable features. First, the shoe has a proprietary evoKNIT material that keeps the shoe lightweight, flexible and breathable. Second, the shoe features a modernized Ethylene Vinyl Acetate midsole for superior cushioning and comfort. The design also features an elastic gore heel for added support
The modern and functional Puma TSUGI Shinsei design is a fusion of German and Japanese technology which was introduced in 2017. Heiko Desens, Puma Sportstyle creative director, created the future of the brand’s newest sneaker designs including the latest the TSUGI Shinsei.
The name of the TSUGI Shinsei comes from the Japanese word Tsugi which means “next,” while Shinsei translates to “rebirth.” The name of the shoe fittingly describes the new generation of Puma lifestyle footwear as it stimulates growth in the company design portfolio and a whole lot of good vibes and patronage.
Puma’s transitions itself not only as an athletic manufacturer but also an innovator of fashionable Puma lifestyle shoes. Puma TSUGI Shinsei is a testament to that with the use of modern materials in with the use of evoKNIT fabric in the lightweight upper while an upgraded Ethylene Vinyl Acetate midsole is used for superior cushioning.
The Puma TSUGI Shinsei Evoknit silhouette pushed them a model to the next level as it retained the unique side lacing design by using the proprietary evoKNIT material which makes for a lightweight and breathable sneaker. With the trend of knitted footwear taking the sneaker industry by storm, it cannot be denied that Puma has taken the Puma TSUGI Shinsei evoKNIT to the next stage of sneaker design.
- Several collaborations were made by Puma for the TSUGI Shinsei silhouette with retailers Kith and Staple.
- The shoe brand has also released in July 2017 a Puma TSUGI Shinsei 90s Pack which involved designs in flashy and vibrant colors for the summer.
- Other variations of the Puma Tsugi Shinsei include Puma TSUGI Shinsei Raw with more knitted material on the upper and Puma Tsugi Shinsei Nido with more leather overlays than the original.
- Puma collaborated with Canadian musician The Weeknd, and the result of this partnership is The Weeknd x Puma TSUGI Shinsei Nido which has more leather overlays in blue and red colors.
- A Puma Cat Logo on the tongue while another signature branding can be found at the elastic strap at the back.
- An injection-molded Ethylene Vinyl Acetate midsole for lightweight performance.