Who should buy the
The Bridger 9” Insulated BDry from Oboz gives hikers an option that can deliver performance in the cold. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a high-cut boot built for hikers who tackle cold and wet conditions.
- Prefer a high-cut boot that has a breathable membrane that keeps water out.
- Prefer a high-cut boot that renders traction without being affected by cold temperatures.
Updates to Oboz Bridger 9" Insulated BDry
- The Oboz Bridger 9” Insulated BDry is a high-cut boot built for hikers who tackle cold and wet conditions. Its nubuck leather upper contains a BDry breathable membrane that keeps water out. A 400g layer of 3m Thinsulate maintains warmth inside this gear.
- This winter hiker uses a single-density ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole for lightweight cushioning. Its Granite Peak outsole renders traction without being affected by cold temperatures.
Size and fit
This winter hiking boot is available for female adventurers in a range of whole and half sizes. It comes in a regular width profile. The gear’s lace-up closure system offers a personalized lockdown to the user. It also runs generally true to size.
Delivers multi-directional grip
Supplying the Oboz’ Bridger 9” Insulated BDRy with traction is its Granite Peak outsole. Its winterized rubber design is engineered to be soft so it won’t freeze up in frigid temperatures. The outsole’s surface is filled with aggressive lugs that deliver multi-directional grip on ice and snowy terrain. Moreover, there are grooves in the heel section which grant braking power in downhill conditions.
Lightweight and flexible
The Oboz Bridger 9” Insulated BDry is equipped with the Granite Peak midsole to create a cushioned and stabilized ride. It’s made of EVA foam to achieve a balance between lightness and flexibility. A nylon shank is embedded between the midsole’s heel and forefoot sections to give extra support. It also prevents the footwear from twisting or contorting over uneven surfaces.
Adding more stability to this footwear is a thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) chassis. It also delivers a boost in underfoot protection.
Excellent arch support
An O Fit thermal footbed is used to improve cushioning and arch support. It uses a felt wool top layer and a Mylar base to retain heat in a cold environment.
Making the Oboz Bridger 9” Insulated BDry look rugged is its nubuck leather upper. It is lined with 400g of 3M Thinsulate to trap heat inside the boot. A BDry membrane is also locked up within the upper to seal water out while maintaining breathability.
This winter hiker features a molded rubber toe cap out front and a heel kick in the rear. The former protects the toes from stubbing while the latter helps lock the user’s heel. The boot’s closure system employs several eyelets and hooks for fit management. This Oboz product also features a D-Ring in its upper to make gaiter attachment possible.