Who should buy the
This high-top boot from Oboz's Bridger collection has proven its readiness for cold winter hikes. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that has a sturdy winter hiking boot ready for outdoor obstacles.
- Prefer a hiking boot that renders water protection and insulation, respectively.
- Prefer a hiking boot that is adherent to various ground conditions.
Updates to Oboz Bridger 10" Insulated BDry
- Oboz crafted the Bridger 10” Insulated BDry as a sturdy winter hiking boot ready for outdoor obstacles. Its leather upper comes with the BDry membrane and 3M Thinsulate which render water protection and insulation, respectively.
- An EVA midsole takes care of the cushioning while a TPU Chassis and nylon shank yield support and stability. The boot’s Granite Peak outsole makes it adherent to various ground conditions.
Size and fit
The Oboz Bridger 10" Insulated BDry is a true-to-size men’s-only winter hiking boot. It is available in regular sizes. The brand indicated that its heel area is narrower than the forefoot region. The snug-fitting rearfoot prevents heel slippage while the generous room in the toe box allows toe splaying and accommodates a foot wearing a thick sock. Additionally, its lace-up closure permits customization of overall fit and volume.
Optimized to perform in icy conditions
This Oboz high-top winter hiking boot uses the Granite Peak outsole with winterized rubber. Its specialized compound is optimized to perform in icy conditions.
Excellent traction on various ground surfaces
The deep troughs aid in the mud-shedding ability of the sole. The aggressive lugs bite on various ground surfaces.
The Bridger 10” Insulated BDry from Oboz carries a single-density EVA midsole. This lightweight material cushions each step. Also, it houses a TPU chassis and nylon shank which renders torsional stability. These two elements prevent accidental twisting of the foot.
The trademarked O Fit Insole Thermal aims to boost underfoot comfort. It has a felt wool top layer and a mylar base which helps retain heat. The varying EVA densities used in this footbed aim to amplify comfort, support, and cushioning.
This high-cut winter hiking boot wears an all-nubuck leather upper. It employs the BDry membrane which combines hydrophobic materials, a tape-sealed polyurethane (PU) bootie, and a moisture-wicking lining. These three components keep the foot safe against water intrusion. For optimal heat retention, it is incorporated with 400 g 3M Thinsulate.
The Bridger 10” Insulated BDry’s molded rubber toe and heel caps provide extra protection on the trails.
Easy to wear
For its closure system, it uses combination eyelets (which include webbing and metal hooks and loops) and a round lace. The extra piece of D-ring near the toe area serves as a gaiter attachment point. It is designed a pull loop at the back of the boot to facilitate on and off.
Nice to know
- The outsole of this hiking boot features the Granite Peak map which is the highest peak in Montana.
- This product has a non-insulated, mid-top variation: the Oboz Bridger Mid BDry.