Good to know
- The second generation Nike MercurialX Proximo is practically similar to the Nike Superfly 5. The soccer cleat features a full Flyknit construction in the upper. They also have Flywire cables that connect from the base of the sole to the lacing system to establish superior lockdown.
- Additionally, this soccer cleat has a Dynamic Fit Collar which wraps around the ankle for a sock-like sensation.
- To reduce distractions, the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Turf shoe has a tongueless design. Despite the non-existent tongue, this model features a central lacing system to maximize the fit as well as promote adjustability.
- Inside the turf shoe is a full-length midsole made out of Phylon. This material is lightweight and creates a responsive cushioning. To get rid of foot slippage inside the cleat, the Nike Grip System was introduced into this model. With this system, grip zones are placed in the forefoot and heel area which interlocks with the grooves found at the bottom of the insole. This keeps the insole from moving during fast cuts.
- For the outsole, Nike made use of a Tri-star pattern and rubber studs to create traction on turf surfaces.
The Nike MercurialX Proximo II Turf has a sock-like fit and comes in men and women’s sizes. For men, sizes 9 to 12.5 are available. For women, this soccer cleat is available from sizes 10.5 to 14. A central lacing system similar to that of the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 Firm Ground and the Nike Mercurial Superfly Vi Elite Firm Ground soccer cleat has been incorporated into the cleat.
The Nike MercurialX Proximo II Turf features an outsole with rubber studs with a Tri-star pattern. Featuring flex grooves and a low-profile outsole to keep the user closer to the turf, this design helps facilitate a natural foot movement. The rubber used is specifically developed to establish a good grip on turf surfaces. To ensure durability, the soccer cleat uses a thicker rubber and has toe stitching.
Spanning the entire soccer cleat is a stiff soleplate. It is important to note that the sole of the turf shoe is rigid and bulky, but it is expected to loosen up over time especially in the toe box.
The upper of the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Turf soccer cleat is a full-length Flyknit that wraps around the foot to create a second-skin fit.
Combined with the Flywire cables that connect to the cleat’s laces; the integration of these technologies not only create a snug and secure fit for the cleat but, it also increases ball awareness and control for the player.
The Dynamic Fit Collar that fits around the ankle creates a sock-like feel.
- The Nike MercurialX Proximo II Turf has an indoor version.
- The soccer cleat is available in several colorways including Electric Green/Black/Ghost Green; Grey/ Black/ Turquoise and Total Crimson/ Volt/ Black.