Good to know
- The Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite Firm Ground features a 360-degree construction. This innovative material wraps the foot and creates a second-skin feel.
- The micro-textured Flyknit upper material offers a more natural and less restrictive fit. This elastic material is thinner compared to the previous generation of Nike Mercurial Superfly. Thus, allowing a closer touch and more precise control of the ball. This feature is also featured in the Nike Mercurial Superfly 7 model.
- It also features the Dynamic Fit collar that provides a compressed feeling around the ankle. This results in a sensation that the soccer cleat is an extension of the foot. This is also seen in other prominent Nike shoes such as the Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground and Nike PhantomVSN Academy Dynamic Fit MG.
- Another groundbreaking feature of this soccer cleat is its Podular Plate System which consists of an internal chassis and the split soleplate. This flexible soleplate system offers responsive traction on firm grounds.
The Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite Firm Ground is available in men’s version in sizes 4 to 13. Women who want to wear this soccer can still purchase this cleat with sizes ranging from 7.5 to 14. As in any other Nike Mercurial soccer cleat, the width is tight but can fit slightly wide feet. The length is true to size.
The revolutionary outsole of the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite Firm Ground features an internal Pebax chassis and two iridescent podular plates. The anatomical soleplate runs through the entirety of the soccer cleat and is covered by the 360-degree Flyknit material. Flipping the shoe, you will find separate nylon pods, one at the heel and another in the forefoot.
Aggressive traction of FG playing surfaces is made possible by the precisely positioned chevron-shaped studs underneath. There are seven studs in the front that slice through the ground for excellent acceleration. Four studs are placed in the rear to aid in braking and deceleration.
The Mercurial Superfly VI Elite FG is the first Nike soccer cleat to feature the Flyknit 360. This elastic material wraps around the foot for a closer and more barefoot feel and fit. It also creates less movement within the shoe maintaining a one-to-one reaction time in terms of responsiveness.
Unlike its predecessors where the Nike All Conditions Control (ACC) technology is applied on top of the upper material, the ACC is embedded directly into the yarns of the Flyknit prior to knitting. This results in a thinner and more flexible soccer shoe while still allowing it to perform even in wet conditions.
The updated Nike Swoosh design found in the forefoot is not without a performance benefit. It has a textured matte finish that enhances control of the ball while sprinting.
The one-piece construction of the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite Firm Ground transitions from structured Flyknit in the forefoot to elastic Flyknit in its integrated tongue and extends to the collar. In the forefoot area, you can find raised lines running through the length of the shoe. They provide additional texture and grip on the ball.
As part of Nike’s effort to reduce weight and cleat components, this soccer shoe features a one-piece internal lining. This soft material reinforces the Flyknit upper making it responsive even without any support from the Flywire or Brio cables.
The laces of this ingenious soccer cleat use a dual lacing system and run through the center of the shoe. Thus, providing adequate lockdown during play. The glistening effect is more visible on the black colorway than on the orange one.
Another improvement in this soccer cleat is its shortened Dynamic Fit collar that is similar to what Cristiano Ronaldo prefers. It provides the same seamless fit and compressed sensation around the ankle as the previous generation Nike Mercurial Superfly. With the shorter cuff, the ankle now has more freedom and range of motion.
The fully removable insole of the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite Firm Ground has a synthetic suede finish on top and perforations in the heel and forefoot. It is made of durable foam with a good amount of density for an excellent in-shoe feel.
A fascinating point of discussion is the underside of the sock liner. You will find an interesting piece of black foam insert called the Grip Insole technology. Its 3D ridged pattern interlocks with the internal chassis like a jigsaw ensuring that the sock liner does not move around inside the soccer cleat.
Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite Firm Ground ‘Euphoria Pack’
The Euphoria pack of this Nike cleat makes use of a Total Orange/ Black/ White color scheme. The upper is a balance of orange and white, with a splotch effect. The soleplate is white which gradually turns into Total Orange from the forefoot and the collar.
Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite Firm Ground ‘Ice Blue’
An icy look graces the Ice Blue colorway of the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite soccer cleat. For its cool palette, this color scheme includes Ice Blue/ Turquoise/ Purple. The Ice Blue hue dominates the upper while other elements are colored in darker shades of Turquoise and Purple.
- The Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite Firm Ground weighs 7.0 ounces.
- It was launched in February 14, 2018.
- This game-changing soccer cleat is headlined by Cristiano Ronaldo, Philippe Coutinho, and Neymar Jr.
- Nike Soccer Senior Design Director, Jeongwoo Lee, took inspiration from a cheetah’s paw when designing the groundbreaking split soleplate.
- The soccer cleat is also known as the Mercurial Superfly 360 VI Elite Firm Ground.
- This model has a CR7 version in the form of Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG.