Good to know
The Sacai Nike LD Waffle is available for both men and women’s sizing. Most wearers share the shoe fits true to size, but for those who prefer to have a tighter feel on the forefoot, they suggest going down a half size.
Double lacing secures one’s feet, but adjusting it might take quite some time. The one-of-a-kind double tongue provides extra snug. The textile lining around the collar features padding to provide ankle cushion and support. Thin mesh netting allows for conducive airflow to keep feet dry.
Although the vivid color schemes are stylish in itself, the mesh see-through upper and the jetted out midsole elevates one’s outfit.
The socks to wear with the Nike x Sacai LD Waffle matter. Putting on white socks ensures the blue mesh upper to pop out. Black socks are best for the pine green colorway.
Donning jogger pants or ankle jeans are best to go with this sneaker to make the colors and out-of-this-world design stand out. A plain white tee is all one needs then let the stunning beauty of this artistic shoe stand out.
A mash-up of two Nike classics, the Nike LDWaffle x Sacai features double of every detail -- mudguard, lacing, Nike swooshes, lace paneling, heel counter, tongue, and midsole.
This special-edition release has an extra rubber midsole that is in-between the upper and the midsole. One cannot miss this as the midsole is protruding like a floating piece of a white bar behind the back of the shoe.
The partnership between Nike and the Japanese fashion brand Sacai began in 2014. Nike’s Fraser Cooke saw how Sacai founder, Chitose Abe, can fuse sportswear with high-end couture.
Abe’s signature style is splicing two different items and making it into a whole new piece that creates “a whole that is bigger than the sum of its parts.”
Below is a list of the highly-coveted pairs that sneakerheads have been eager to get. But both powerhouse brands are still not done with this partnership as a few creations are dropping in the months to come.
Sacai x Nike Air Max 90
- The first project between Nike and Sacai released in March 2015.
- Featuring a minimal, clean design is a laceless layout producing a slip-on sneaker.
- Upper materials consist of a Vac-Tec construction -- a molding technique that allows shoe parts to be held together without any visible stitching.
- Nike swooshes emboss on the sidewalls.
- Colorways: volt/obsidian, wolf grey/volt, and obsidian/black
Sacai x NikeLab Dunk Lux High
- This second collaboration between both brands released in June 2015.
- It was released a women’s exclusive with the colorways in obsidian blue, volt, white, blue/white, gray/white, navy blue/gray
- Perforations are visible on the toe box.
- Much like the first project, this version of the Nike Dunks is laceless.
- Dunk Lux build features all the right things a wearer needs -- Lunarlon sock liners, premium leather, and elastic tongues.
Sacai x Nike Blazer High Pack
- Released on May 30, 2019
- One of the most anticipated releases in 2019.
- The Sacai x Blazer High is the first model to use the mash-up of both Nike silhouettes - Nike Blazer and Nike Dunk
- Features double detailing of swooshes, lace panels, tongues, laces, and mudguards.
- Both tongues have unfinished edges.
- Various rubber overlays cover the bottom part of the heel for added support.
- Colorways: University Blue (blue, black and white) and Varsity Maize (yellow, red, white, black), white/gray, black/gray, white/yellow/baby blue
The Nike LD Waffle x Sacai shoe is worthy of its distinction for one of the most well-crafted masterpieces. Upcoming different iterations are scheduled for release anytime within the early part of 2020.
- Each pair comes with an additional set of laces.
- Colorways available are: (1) Green gusto/black-varsity maize-safety orange; (2) Varsity blue/del sol-varsity red-black; (3) Pine green/clay orange-del sol-sail; (4) Summit white/white-wolf grey-black; and (5) Black/anthracite-white-gunsmoke
- Triple black and triple white colorways are set to be released sometime early this year.
- An iteration release of the White Nylon and Black Nylon makeup of this trainer will be available this year.