Good to know
- Nike made some major changes with their third release of the Hypervenom Phantom Elite FG line. One significant upgrade is the full FlyKnit construction of its entire upper. The single piece of FlyKnit is crafted with polyester yarn that has been knitted together to give that seamless, sock-like fit that gives users a second skin sensation.
- The cleat's surface is also covered with All Conditions Control (ACC) technology that allows for a clean touch on the ball.
- For enhanced stability, the cleat has been fitted with Flywire cables that connect to the outsole and the laces. Not only do these cables fit snugly around the midfoot for a tight fit, but it also has the ability to adapt to your every move. This means players are given a firm lockdown while experiencing full mobility.
- The brand didn't miss to upgrade their outsole, as well. The new Pebax outsole does not disappoint with its bladed and conical studs combo that enhances stability. Traction and responsiveness are also significantly improved.
The Hypervenom Phantom III Elite FG comes in the standard sizes for men and women and it fits true to size. One can expect to get a snug fit from the Hypervenom Phantom III Elite FG because of its FlyKnit and Flywire features. The Flywire's integration with the lacing system allows users to achieve that personalized fit and adaptive lockdown to suit their play.
The Hyper-reactive outsole of this modern cleat combines the flexibility and agility of the Pebax with rigid nylon that is used to support the back. The result is a stable front grip when the heel is off the pitch. This responsive stability from its flexible forefoot allows players to cut and change direction swiftly on firm ground.
Moreover, the cleat's stud configuration is designed to make sharp twists and quick turns efficiently. The lateral Chevron studs offer lateral traction for accelerating, braking and making lateral cuts. The other stud patterns are for rotation, twists, and grip.
Attached to the outsole are Flywire cables that are specifically developed to withstand high tension. These cables are integrated into the lacing system, enabling players to adjust the cleat's tightness to their comfort. These cables are able to move freely inside the channels, creating an adaptable lockdown and support. Hence, they do not restrain movement, but rather, give complete mobility to the foot.
The third installment of the Hypervenom Phantom Elite III FG is the first in its line to wear a full FlyKnit upper. The soft material allows the cleat to be very lightweight while being exceptionally durable. Aside from a cozy fit, a huge benefit that this upgrade brings is the unique strike zone that is created from the layer of foam pads built into the upper. These pads create a dampened impact that makes for a powerful strike.
The textured upper is very reactive and its flexibility improves overall ball touch. Moreover, the ACC technology used to treat the upper ensures optimal ball control in all weather conditions.
Another noticeable feat of the upper is the larger striking surface. With the lacing system being pushed off center, more room is created for ball control and striking. The cleat's tongueless design also helps reduce distractions in the strike zone.
- The Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Elite FG is formerly known as the “Nike Hypervenom Phantom 3 Firm Ground”.
- Six pieces of plastic bottles were cleaned and recycled, and used in each pair of Flyknit shoes. Flyknit material is also used in Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground.