Nike Dunk Low Disrupt: A break from a classic look
It seems that the Oregon-based company is not yet done revamping its Dunk silhouette. After a plethora of reinventions, Nike came up with a women-exclusive iteration called the Nike Dunk Low Disrupt.
This sneaker displays a modernized take on the vintage basketball silhouette. It has a chunky sole and exaggerated elements on the upper with thick paneling on the midsole to spice up the classic iteration.
Why is it called Disrupt?
Nike calls this iteration Disrupt as it intentionally added unconventional details - a break from the usual Dunk Low sneaker.
- The exposed foam tongue creates an unfinished, deconstructed style to inject fresh life into the classic silhouette.
- Found on the heel is an exaggerated leather pull tab that has rough finish edges.
- Its thick midsole has eye-catching thick lines on the forefoot, midfoot, and heel to add stylish dimension.
- Unlike the Dunk Low that is made entirely of leather, this sneaker has a mesh base with leather overlays.
- It also has ankle flaps that are kept loose, inspired by the Nike Dunk High sneaker.