Look good and do good with the Nike Crater Impact
The Beaverton-based company slowly outfits some of its classic profiles with recycled materials as part of its Move to Zero campaign. Alongside the Nike Air Force 1 Crater and Nike Waffle Racer Crater, Nike constructed another silhouette dubbed the Nike Crater Impact.
This running-inspired sneaker brags its robust construction and environmental-friendly materials. Here are some of its essential specifics:
- Its uniquely speckled Crater foam is made from waste found on the cutting-room floors, thus reducing waste. It has a slightly sculpted design which is similar to another eco-friendly collection, the Space Hippie kicks.
- Its recycled Nike Grind outsole boasts its superb grip and robustness.
- The straight-edged overlays aim to reduce scrap and improve construction efficiency.
- The Pinwheel logo depicts that this model is made from at least 20% recycled materials.
- Down to its shoe box, this model is made from recycled cardboard and also works as the sneaker's delivery box. Nike did not add tissue wrapper as well to reduce trash.