Nike Air Max 2090 EOI
Best price from 32 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
33% say it's too large, 67% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Nike Air Max 2090 EOI: An Air Max 90 makeover
Nike recrafts its Air Max 90, a cultural Swoosh running icon from its Air Max family that remains relevant today. Resurfacing as a streetwear staple in a vibrant blend of colors is the Air Max 2090 EOI.
This shoe offers a sense of nostalgia, especially among runners and hip-hop communities who embraced this style during the ‘90s. It keeps some of the distinct features of the original pair. At the same time, it receives some modern retooling and improvements.
These elements akin to AM90's flagship DNA include the multiple lace ports, trademark waffle sole, stitched overlays, and plasticky lace hole accents. Nike EOI or Evolution of Icons sneakers are comeback silhouettes that pay tribute to a specific timeline within this Oregon-based brand's historic Air Max collection.
Takeaways of the AM2090 EOI
- Other than the popular Infrared, it’s dressed in a burst of colors that create a vibrant spin to your usual streetwear garb.
- Though it falls under Nike’s chunky sneaker choices, its protruded heel isn't as broad and bulky as the bubble on the Nike Air Max 720. The Air bladder is encased in a 360-degree ribbed rubber for an athleisure, sporty vibe.
- Springy Air cushioning on the rearfoot and foam under the forefoot for softer strides
- Its padded heel delivers added comfort.
- Retooled waffle outsole with large grooves for flexibility