Who should buy the Newton Fate
- For runners who are into 10Ks and marathons
- Great alternate shoe for runners for their speed training and tempo runs.
Updates to the Newton Fate
- Newton comes up with an innovative design from the original 4-lug Action/Reaction technology to a 5-lug system in the Fate.
- Additional fifth lug and a newly beveled configuration, runners will experience a more efficient and less jarring movement from the heel to the toes.
- New design gives more zip to the runner with every stride.
- Newton offers a stable ride in the Fate by making a slightly wider outsole footprint.
Built for excessive and high-mileage runs
The SHARC outsole means Super High Abrasion Rubber Compound. Its long-lasting performance is suited for hard-packed surfaces or man-made surfaces.
More than just exceptional durability, the SHARC has sufficient traction, even during wet conditions. The outsole is built for excessive and high-mileage runs.
The new 5-point lugs below the metatarsal are not as deep or prominent and are now beveled. It allows for exceptional responsiveness and quick transitions.
The Action/ Reaction technology is incorporated at the midsole, specifically at the forefoot and heel. Designed as external lugs, they compress and allow energy release during the toe-off phases.
They also add to the shock absorption qualities of the shoe. This technology can also be experienced in the Newton Gravity 8, which is one of the brand's most popular shoes.
A Biomechanical Metatarsal Sensor Plate is located in the forefoot for enhanced ground feel and helps with the natural running motion. Finally, a standard EVA is added in this area for moderate cushioning, durability, and helps with the smooth transitions.
Newton Fate is lightweight and offers great breathability
The engineered mesh is lightweight and offers great breathability. Providing structure and helping with the midfoot hold are synthetic overlays. These are placed on areas based on the standard anatomical design of the foot to mimic the movement closely.
Newton’s own ETC sock liner is utilized for its anti-microbial properties and its ability to enhance cushioning and fit. A full-length stitching Strobel Last that connects the upper to the midsole provides support and underfoot cushioning.